CRB Machine question

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
What is the best CRB machine?

I have a host with white bristles and it still leaves lines/grooves in the carpet that can be hard to get out.

I would like a better machine, please help.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have the host too, its not a bad little scrubber, for a guy that just wants to hit the traffic areas, but it sure would be nice if the thing had alot more power, it seems to bog down pretty easily, especially on frieze carpets, which is the carpet I need to use it most on. I am thinking a 175 is going to get it done faster and better.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Definitely look at the newest version of the Brush Pro. It comes in 17" 0r 20" wide models. Includes the clip on metal baskets that capture the dry soil.

More powerful motor, more durable gear set-up but similar to the Whittaker machine.

The Brush Pro also has metal protection that keeps water out of the motor and electrical area. This allows you to clean tile and grout or other wet surfaces and not worry about shorting something out.

Mike Draper

Scott W said:
Definitely look at the newest version of the Brush Pro. It comes in 17" 0r 20" wide models. Includes the clip on metal baskets that capture the dry soil.

More powerful motor, more durable gear set-up but similar to the Whittaker machine.

The Brush Pro also has metal protection that keeps water out of the motor and electrical area. This allows you to clean tile and grout or other wet surfaces and not worry about shorting something out.

All parts made in China?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Scott W":3lwabjn0]Definitely look at the newest version of the Brush Pro. It comes in 17" 0r 20" wide models. Includes the clip on metal baskets that capture the dry soil.

All parts made in China?[/quote:3lwabjn0]

yeah and 3 thousand freaking bucks too!!!!!!!!! good lord, how in the world should a CRB machine cost 3 grand?? a large compacity dehu doesn't cost 3 grand, despite taking alot more technology to make. I will never buy a $3000 CRB machine. sorry to sound cheap but I don't think anyone can disagree for what you get that is a ton of money.

lance

Maybe the brushes need to be replaced?

Whittaker lomac is very well made. Sometimes they are on Ebay.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Scott W":160l0t88]Definitely look at the newest version of the Brush Pro. It comes in 17" 0r 20" wide models. Includes the clip on metal baskets that capture the dry soil.

All parts made in China?[/quote:160l0t88]

Actually it is all made in Europe by the same manufacturer who makes several other CRB machines.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Don't let the cost of $3,000 hold you back. You can make that money back in a short time with the great production rates and great results you will be seeing.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I believe the wittaker, brush pro and others like it are manufactured in Austria of all places. I use them everyday. They are fast relativaly light and do an amazing job scrubbing the carpet. You can buy different brushes depending on the type of carpet. I use whittaker grey ones most the time and they work great on carpet without to much aggression. I have a host machine and it got me started in the crb world but the production times with a lomac, gls, brush pro type machine is so much faster.

Get aggressive brushes and they will also make fast work of tile.

Get an edging brush from whittaker and those edges of commercial carpet that the cimex wont get are quick work with the crb. I use a battery sprayer, mist the edges and then run the edge brush around the outside.

They will pop up used from time to time for about 1.000-1,500

colin fitch

You dont need a new machine. Just change the brushes to the softer gold brushes. They dont leave lines in the carpet

colin

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We like this new model for carpet & T&G. . .

20" wide and 50 lbs :
CylBrsh20.jpg

With a few tweaks, it is a good commercial machine.

Larry

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The brushes on machines like the one pictured above by larry have a shaft that pulls out to remove the brushes. The edge brush goes into the end of the machine and replaces one of the shafts. It is about 4" long. Just imagine the machine pictured above with a additional 4" brush on the outside of the machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom