CRB needs repair

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
One of my brushes stopped turning yesterday. I Figured I stripped out a gear. Took it all apart and looked at the gears and everything looked good. Then I noticed the shaft that goes through the roller. You can see in the pic the shaft end is worn down to the point where it was free spinning inside the gear. Anyone know where I can order just the aluminum shaft?

8CBE3A89-3CF6-4B73-8991-2DF08EFDEAFE.jpeg155A468F-6058-48F3-B8E8-CA51A03866EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
That company is rapidly falling apart with only the manufacturer in China still interested.. all the importers and crooks and thieves have moved on to greener pastures

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Found the part, Cost me $53 with shipping. I don't have time to shop around, so I got it. Also, check out this new thing I just saw. A corner cleaner for CRB's

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damon I bought my chinesse CRB parts from Whittaker Systems. Everything actually fit.
Yeah. They’re all identical. Honestly, I’m a little tired of the whole knock off game. Everyone under the sun is selling a CRB and they All look the same. I can’t tell who makes what because they all have their own little labels. (Mikey just got triggered) So I don’t even try to figure it out anymore.

Last time I replaced my gears they fit. So many copies out there, when it comes time to buy a new one I have no clue where to go. I’ll need to hit Reg up. I think Zipper Erik sells the real ones. My crb has been going for 7 years. As long as I can keep fixing it, I’ll keep using it. I do need to replace my white brushes.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCCFL

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah. They’re all identical. Honestly, I’m a little tired of the whole knock off game. Everyone under the sun is selling a CRB and they All look the same. I can’t tell who makes what because they all have their own little labels. (Mikey just got triggered) So I don’t even try to figure it out anymore.

Last time I replaced my gears they fit. So many copies out there, when it comes time to buy a new one I have no clue where to go. I’ll need to hit Reg up. I think Zipper Erik sells the real ones. My crb has been going for 7 years. As long as I can keep fixing it, I’ll keep using it. I do need to replace my white brushes.

or you could just ask me.

the good news is the chinese crap is finally going away

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got my new CRB part installed. I must have got lucky and ordered from a quality crb dealer because the new part was built much better than the original part that broke. The new axle was made out of steel rather than aluminum. The spring bearings were better quality and the axle itself was much heavier. The part fit perfectly on my Sure Dry copy of the other kind. My gears still looked good so I cleaned them up and applied new grease.

Honestly, crb’s have been whored out to every company that wants to put their own sticker on it. It’s impossible to know what your getting anymore. Just ask Russ, Erik, or Mikey for the real stuff.
I’m glad to have my crb running again. It sucked not having it. I felt like the 99%.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Sorry, I didn't take a pic of the new part. I just wanted to get it done. Just know it is of much better quality.

steve_64

Sorry, I didn't take a pic of the new part. I just wanted to get it done. Just know it is of much better quality.
After some of us had issues with the bearings going out so fast they started using better bearings. Probable went to stainless and a marine grade I would imagine. I haven't any issues since mine was repaired.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom