Creating a buzz on Facebook?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Steven (Hoody) and I have been discussing some options for getting people interested and to engage with us on Facebook and ultimately increase the community we have on FB.

We talked about maybe a give away of some kind. He mentioned he knew someone that gave away an iPad. I like that idea. I just want to get the best ROI. How do you make people "like" and more importantly "share" this give away with their friends without shamelessly begging them to do it?

How long should this fiasco last? Like a month long of collecting "likes", "shares", or "posts"?

Just looking for practical feedback on how to manage such a raffle.

Thanks!

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You gotta realize how many different personalities you are trying to catch.

Its alot like fishing friend!

Social Media buddy, welcome to the insanity : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What about having your clients post a photo of their pet on your fan page timeline, and then having their friends like the page, and then like the photo to vote it as cutest pet. The picture with the most likes will win your contest. You could place a minimum of likes before they're officially in the contest or any other restrictions you may need. There is a way to make your page content visible to only those who have liked your page. It takes some additional coding and an application, but that might be useful to create likes rather than people just going to your page for the contest. You'll also get an idea of how many of your current fan base have pets, and you can create hand outs on how to deal with pet accidents and what you can do for them.

Reactions: Russ T.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
When I first started facebook a year ago, you needed 100 likes in order to buy advertising. You can pay to boost your posts so you get more likes. The problem is people who like your page but never again look at your posts hurt your status somehow. So you want people to like it that actually will click on your posts. I use mine for the sole purpose of letting my friends know what I do for a living so they call or refer me at carpet cleaning time. I got my likes by creating a personal page then going to the business page and asking my friends to like it. I first asked only close friends and relatives. Months later I started asking more and more to like the page since by that time I had more pics and info up. Joe burnich is the Facebook marketing guru to look up.

Reactions: GCCLee and Russ T.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
THAT'S what I'm talking about Steven!

The Clean Machine

Catherine says ours is like that.

Our pages are connected to our main accounts via admin rolls.

A lot of switchin back and forth. Share your company posts on your pers page. Those are your Fans and most of em know ya already : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I link everything to my website, just started but am seeing a steady stream of visitors.

Could care less about like nation, i want people to visit the website and buy,buy,buy.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I just created some buzz w a flooring retailer via PM : )

made a thread about it too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom