Critic my commercial also...again

Bjorn

Hummmmmmmmm

you go into some ones house you make it sound like your doing the cleaning

we love our 50% subs their just like family

Our 50% subs are the best as I sit back and just use search engine to get customers

Heck I don't even live in most of the states or towns I advertise in.

why don't you just tell the truth

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Terry's insults aside Brian, I have 3 commnts.

1. I think the wireless earpiece being in the tech's ear looks turdish (sorry John O I immediately thought about you). If you can replace it I would~ I found it distracting, and unprofessional. I would not allow tech's to wear one in a clients home and I wouldn't if I was an OO. As a customer I would feel I do not have your full attention.

2. What is the compelling reason for someone to call you or go to your website right now with that spot. It is somewhat comforting, but a little boring in my opinion.

3. It is very long and to run on TV will be much nmore expensive than a 15 or 30 second spot.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
T,
Here we go again.

Ken,
I know about that ear piece...didn't catch it until too late

Not a commercial for tv. It's more informational purposes..it's on my website.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
cool- I like it for your website- that makes sense. If you have more B-Roll from the filming it might not take an editor more than a few minutes to edit another section of film in place of earbud turd :-)

Loose the 80's tennis shoes and I agree on the headset. Does your van have graffics? The suit and tie has salesman all over it. And the tech needs a uniform.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about it is that you look like a car sales men rather than a carpet cleaner. I don't like the car salesmen type, but maybe some do.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Opening title - with your company logo to the right.

Loose the jeans, tennis shoes, shirts, blue tooth earpiece. I'd go with either dark or light color dockers, white or black no stripes shoes. Tech's should be matching. Shoe covers leave a lasting impression, and you can leave some behind. Some homes people will make you clean in your socks if you wear your shoes in the home.

Edit the part where kid hops over the vac hoses, doesn't look safe.

The final 10 seconds seems a bit long.

Just shortened a little.

Overall looks good.

A

amazingcleansc

Bombs Away...

This is a commercial. Its designed to generate a phone call or a request for info. What on this website says "use me instead of the 80 other people in town doing the same thing as me"?

Why do people SHOP for a carpet cleaner online? Don't you think it is maybe because they want to see if anything is different, better, and more exciting out there?

Here's what I'm pretty sure the customer sees when they look at this commercial.

Okay, need to get my carpet cleaned lets check this website out. Oh a video! That guy in the suit seems nice. Will a guy in a suit come to my house first, THEN a technician? That seems awful time consuming.

Oh they do that squirt n' suck thing with a van. The last guy that did that squirt and suck thing on my carpet left it way too wet and someone told me that is bad for the carpet and I should dry clean it instead. Well my 30 second attention span is over I'm bored. Let me check out these other cleaner's websites.

While the video is nice, if its a commercial you need to make the customer FEEL like you're different than the other pile of people doing the same thing as you.

The only thing it looks like you are trying to sell is that THIS guy wont come to your door.
kevinMullet.jpg

Oh wait! but then that tech has an earpiece in so he talks to his friends while he should be concentrating on doing a good job. Well they are probably not all that professional anyway.

Do something that they havent seen before! Those shots need to be cleaning tile, upholstery, something really dirty getting "painted", pressure washing a sidewalk, using air movers, putting down drop cloths or corner guards, theres a good chance they havent seen someone actually GROOMING carpet before! What about a tech(who took a bath, ironed his shirt, put on some slacks and combed his hair) with a big stupid smile on his face talking to the customer with a big stupid smile on her face. Show Steam! Make that equipment look exciting!

Now, if you mainly just use subs and you HAVE to show carpet cleaning without many extra services, make it look really effin exciting, and make the tech look really effin professional, or you just demonstrated how good you are at wasting your time and 20 seconds of the prospective customer's life, because that's all they'll give a boring commercial they've seen 100 times already.

A

amazingcleansc

oh and the techs are wearing jeans and they have their shirt tails hanging out!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
amazingcleansc said:

That suit man :roll: he kills me with that suit. I would wear a uniform but thats just me. David I was wondering you have three trucks and you don't have anybody working for you? Why is that?

A

amazingcleansc

everfresh1 said:
amazingcleansc said:

That suit man :roll: he kills me with that suit. I would wear a uniform but thats just me. David I was wondering you have three trucks and you don't have anybody working for you? Why is that?

I have 2 trucks.

Here's my deal. I sold cars for 5 years, hated the hours so I brought an old cc van. My family business is property management http://moyecompanyllc.com/. I am trying to build a good residential business but I have plenty of nasty apartments to keep me busy. I found Mikeys around January.

The Vortex is a 99 I bought and in the last few months and I've spent many a night refurbing it, taking everything apart and putting it back together its about 80% there.
gvortex.jpg

The butler is in an '86 van that i cant really put anyone else in, because it's at the stage of its life where they wont know how to handle its "quirks". I use it as a backup though.
1064-1.jpg

I think you are thinking I have 3 trucks because of that Hydramaster designation on my profile. I have an RX20 I like, thats why i put that there.

A

amazingcleansc

everfresh1 said:
Gotcha.. Hows the property management buisness? do you have a lot of complexes you manage?

its fine i guess. I do see some nasty shit when i go in some of these. the only reason i have such a strong opinions about commercials is i worked in car sales for so long. Something has to be different about what you are selling, or they will shop until someone makes them feel like they found something different, or they get worn out.

Here i go in another life (keep in mind this isn't a commercial, its a product presentation.) I did this off the cuff, but toward the end, I start talking about the competition and how they don't have what i have. listen to what i say... best in class... etc...

Its from talking to thousands of people and knowing (brutally) how peoples buying habits are.

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Y7ZKEcREcx]

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I see what your saying, I be glazing over all that fast talking information :lol: Not that you don't appear to be good at it though. Did you loose that job when Obama took over Chrysler? Or what?

A

amazingcleansc

everfresh1 said:
I see what your saying, I be glazing over all that fast talking information :lol: Not that you don't appear to be good at it though. Did you loose that job when Obama took over Chrysler? Or what?

nope. I QUIT that job because the hours were long and theres no upward mobility in that business with the economy the way it is.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know most of the CCers on here don't like the suit and I know about the uniforms and ear peice.
I think the commercial...or infomercial speaks to the house wife with kids...hense the house wife with kids in the video.

The suit adds professionalism...but the lack of uniform may...may take away from that.
The guys look friendly and that's what matters.

We talk about it being safe in all aspects and tell them why they should get their carpets cleaned...the presence tells them why they should get it cleaned by us.

Most of you are thinking like Carpet Cleaners...you are not your customer (Stevey T.)

It's CA and the dressed down look for Techs is fine. It's CA so the owner better be wearing a suit or he's not really and "Owner".

I'm not trying to promot the "Call now" aspect...it's the "Feel good" aspect.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Odin said:
Hummmmmmmmm

you go into some ones house you make it sound like your doing the cleaning

we love our 50% subs their just like family

Our 50% subs are the best as I sit back and just use search engine to get customers

Heck I don't even live in most of the states or towns I advertise in.

why don't you just tell the truth

It doesn't show me cleaning at all.

Those guys were like family...what?

How do YOU get customers?

I can only live in one state at a time.

I didn't lie once.

Wanna try again Mr. Smarty Pants?

A

amazingcleansc

Brian Robison said:
I know most of the CCers on here don't like the suit and I know about the uniforms and ear peice.
I think the commercial...or infomercial speaks to the house wife with kids...hense the house wife with kids in the video.

The suit adds professionalism...but the lack of uniform may...may take away from that.
The guys look friendly and that's what matters.

We talk about it being safe in all aspects and tell them why they should get their carpets cleaned...the presence tells them why they should get it cleaned by us.

Most of you are thinking like Carpet Cleaners...you are not your customer (Stevey T.)

It's CA and the dressed down look for Techs is fine. It's CA so the owner better be wearing a suit or he's not really and "Owner".

I'm not trying to promot the "Call now" aspect...it's the "Feel good" aspect.

The post was titled CRITIQUE my COMMERCIAL. and you said "let the beatings begin". I just said what I thought.

Now, being sensitive to your above described considerations.

http://www.agamaadvertising.com/index.p ... Itemid=140

1)Do you wear a suit and go into people's houses with a clipboard? If yes, I would keep that part. If no, I would dump it. While you are wearing the suit talking to that lady is like dead space if someone clicks on the video and they are looking to see someone CLEANING.

2)A good commercial sets you apart. Showing orange cones, drop cloths, air movers, well dressed techs makes more of an impression than a guy pulling a wand with his shirt untucked and an earpiece.

3)About the wardrobe... Even if we are talking about southern Cal, would golf slacks and a polo tucked in make a better impression to an upper income mother that might be looking at your website than jeans would? If the answer to that question is yes, then show a tech wearing golf slacks and a polo in your commercial, dammit! No one is going to call you a liar when he shows up to your customer's house in jeans.

4)I watched it again and the lady says "my carpet are done they are immaculate, toxic free[sic]" and then you follow up with "we don't leave any toxicity behind", it sounds like shes regurgitating something you told her to say.

5)A good commercial includes a call to action. If its not your style to say, "Call us within the next 5 minutes and receive a bottle of spotter absolutely free!" that's fine too. I kind of think that doesn't work as well in carpets as cars. After you've done all that work to evoke some sort of emotional response from a prospect the proper thing to do is some form of a close. Offer something of value if they call and mention the ad. Its like scrubbing prespray, its just the right thing to do.

The concept of the commercial is fine if it works for your clientele.

What the commercial says to me, personally is "we know how to clean carpets and we are nice people".

If it were me, I would add Cones, Dropcloths, Airmovers, an RX-20, whatever, to say that I REALLY know how to clean carpets.

Oh and I always wear slacks and tuck my shirt in.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I think David should be making commercials for all of us instead of pushing a wand. I'd be glad to test him out for free to let you all know how it works. Everything David has said makes perfect sense. Do you think it would work to show me cleaning while someone else narrates?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
David Wrote
1)Do you wear a suit and go into people's houses with a clipboard? If yes, I would keep that part. If no, I would dump it. While you are wearing the suit talking to that lady is like dead space if someone clicks on the video and they are looking to see someone CLEANING.
I do, sometimes without the jacket. I can't in CA because I live in TX. This is where most are saying I'm not on the up and up

2)A good commercial sets you apart. Showing orange cones, drop cloths, air movers, well dressed techs makes more of an impression than a guy pulling a wand with his shirt untucked and an earpiece.
Horse Hockey, None of that sets us apart. It's the feeling we are giving the potential client that sets us apart....not from everyone....but from most. Stanley Steemer uses emotional ads. Yes, you can use all those things..but it doesn't make the commercial

3)About the wardrobe... Even if we are talking about southern Cal, would golf slacks and a polo tucked in make a better impression to an upper income mother that might be looking at your website than jeans would? If the answer to that question is yes, then show a tech wearing golf slacks and a polo in your commercial, dammit! No one is going to call you a liar when he shows up to your customer's house in jeans.
I get it with the uniforms....Hey they had matching polo's :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom