Critique my controversial Postcard

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I wasn't sure if I was going with my 1st design or not. I got a mixture of laughs and gross outs. But I though the uniqueness of the card would create a buzz even with the people who dislike it.
This is my first attempt at postcard marketing.
What are your thoughts ??? (Don't matter now their on their way out)
dogcard1.jpg

Kelly

I bet that pet owners everywhere would keep you in mind. It should be a refrigerator magnet.

Pros:

Catchy
Good photos
Funny

Cons:

Confusing (what kind of business)
Gross
Appeals to lower end

With a little tweaking it could be great. Go easier on the poop. Upscale people are in denial about their dogs doing such a thing.
I would be put his nose in the air (snobbish), remove the poop (make it look like he already cleaned it up) and make carpet cleaning stand out in the ad.
Then sir you will have a WINNER!!!!

Rob.

Scottie

I saw the humor in it.

My wife saw no humor in it and said she would throw it in the trash.

Who are you marketing to?

Just our observations, hope it will help. :)

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I was hoping to create controversy with the card. I am trying to market to the man of the house with this one. I really don't like the snobby rich and don't want to work for them anyway. I hate someone looking over my shoulder and telling me how it is. I have always been an advocate for the working stiff and there is plenty of business out there in the middle class.
I am a Carpet Cleaner because I like to clean carpets, I'm not in it to be a multi-truck wanna be millionaire
I would not go this route on commercial though.

G

It's different, and that's good!

You never know what will work, till you try.

Best of luck to you.

AL

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Why are you asking a forum that is comprised mostly of men?

If your trying to market to the higher end female client, I would be very surprised if she found the "controversy" appealing enough to call you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
WHISKER said:
I was hoping to create controversy with the card. I am trying to market to the man of the house with this one. I really don't like the snobby rich and don't want to work for them anyway. I hate someone looking over my shoulder and telling me how it is. I have always been an advocate for the working stiff and there is plenty of business out there in the middle class.
I am a Carpet Cleaner because I like to clean carpets, I'm not in it to be a multi-truck wanna be millionaire
I would not go this route on commercial though.

not to sound harsh micah...but did you not read his last post???

he wants the men

and he doesnt want the high end..

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
You will never get the men! They don't flippen care! Women's houses are their identity, now if you were advertising for a 20x40 shop...then go for the men!

Name
Ron lippold
dont waste your money on postage on that thing, if you want the man or cheep ass apt people put some chick in a bikini on you carpet with a head line that reads something like WANT THIS CLEAN YOUR RUG

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WHISKER...i would suggest that if marketing to the MAN of the house to....

downsize the dick on the dog....no one likes competition in the same household......

Dolly

It is going to cost you some money for the cards and postage and then hope you will get the response you want and need.

the message says spring cleaning, and dogs do that all the time. The message does not fit the photo.

I don't know what to say,

But

My personal opinion is that It made me laugh.....It does spell it out real clear and that is what makes it funny and true..... and wouldn't we all wish our animals would pick up after themselves.

Maybe a photo of a dog that did the deed looking at it with that
oh no........she is coming and what will I do.......can't hide it. but make the poop smaller.......that looks to much of a dump........

I wish I could tell you the card would be accepted, I would....and have a great laugh with it. Heck, I would save it and even show it around and have a great laugh............but what other ladies would think, I could not say.

I'm not sure it would cause me to call, but I do think it is different and humorous.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yea but Darlene....come on...whose eyes didn't go straight to the dog dick......REALLY?

TELL THE TRUF!

Dolly

Bob...........I never saw that until you just mentioned it.

You guy's are the only ones who would have things like that on the mind.

GEEZE :shock:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
remember to leave a white space on the bottom of each side so the post office can print their bar code.

i would replace the poop with some soil.

LeeCory

It looks cool. If you are trying to appeal to the guys I think you will do just fine... lol

However I wouldn't want to give someone the impression to just leave the poop on the floor for me to clean up.

One time a customer knew I was coming and left a turd on the floor for me to clean up on purpose.

I on purpose cleaned around it and left it for THEM to pick up.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I thought the fellas might pass it on for a laugh. I know I should have removed the turd but I just couldn't. The back side of the card goes into detail about my business. The cards are being mailed as I type, I had only chosen to send 500 out to test the market. I'll post and follow with updates on how it attracts or doesn't attract business.

nickreal

My wife thought it was funny. She though vawter's comment was way more funny though...

bob vawter said:
WHISKER...i would suggest that if marketing to the MAN of the house to....

downsize the dick on the dog....no one likes competition in the same household......

Dolly

I mentioned that card to some of the ladies I met today, and they just laughed like I did.......

They too thought it was hilarious and I only described the card.

I think it would be a hoot.......maybe even worth the dollars to give it a whirl.........

Tahoesteve

Very humorous.

I would change the following:

Headline - Don't Let Your Spring Carpet Cleaning Go to the Dogs! Leave it to the Professionals at.....

Make the poo smaller and more realistic. That looks like chocolate ice cream without the cone.

Good Luck wit it

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom