Cross marketing WDR in the carpet cleaning packet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
WDR can difficult to market to, no one really cares that you extract and dry homes & businesses until they are deep in water. However by that time it's too late to make an impression, so to plant a seed we want to continually pound away the WDR message.

This is a little flyer that would be included in the post carpet cleaning packet and help pound the message to the current data base.

What do you think? Am I missing something that should be included?

This is the front:
WatercardforcarpetcleaningpacketFRONT.jpg

This is the back:
WatercardforcarpetcleaningpacketBACK.jpg

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Honestly, Richard? Too much copy and especially on the front of the card. (And that is coming from a verbose individual!)

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Single best idea ever to convert residential carpet cleaning jobs (eventually) into calling you when they have a water loss? With the home owner's permission cable tie a laminated card on to the water shut-off for the entire house. (If they don't know where the shut-off is explain they better find it!) You can put the bullet points from the back of your card above on the tag.

HINT: Your challenge will be how to get your techs to do this new step. One of our SFS members (can't remember who) has the tech take a photo of each installed tag. Every photo they turn in they get a 2.00 bonus! If they are doing 15 or 20 jobs a week this makes for a nice Friday afternoon happy hour!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll send it back to the wordy guy...big "D". Appreciate the input!

Not sure I like the cable tie idea. I'd like them to know they need to call me before they reach for the shutoff! LIKE!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Beldar Conehead said:
I'll send it back to the wordy guy...big "D". Appreciate the input!

Not sure I like the cable tie idea. I'd like them to know they need to call me before they reach for the shutoff! LIKE!
So do both. But trust me- nobody is a)going to file your W/D brochure away and b)search for it with 3" of water in their living room. But they WILL go first to turn off the water and find your tag.

Steve

PS Buy Dan a copy of "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser. It is on amazon for 9.45. Single best book on writing for business I have read. (Didn't say I always apply the principles- just read them!)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Tell Dan to take out half the words and resubmit. After he resubmits ask him to take out another 25%.

After 2nd re-submission you finalize it taking more out.

Nobody cares, how or what you will actually do technical wise- sell the prolem solving aspect in a few words, not the processes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're not going to want to see our new website.....wordy isn't even close to what it is. oh my...

Oh well it looks way better than the old one! hey now

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The #1 way to get the call...."IS"

Contact every PLUMBER & HVAC company in town... :idea:

Not only will you get YOUR clients to call...you will get THEIRS... hey now

Our plumbers...will call us IMMEDIATLY... :!:
They will turn the water off & a come back to do the repair... LIKE!

They HATE standing in water to do their job. We will DRY their work area FIRST.. J/K

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're too late for that Harper, all the franchises and the Morefloods guys hit them all the time offering them money and cars. We don't do that, all we offer is excellent service. hey now

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Beldar Conehead said:
We're too late for that Harper, all the franchises and the Morefloods guys hit them all the time offering them money and cars. We don't do that, all we offer is excellent service. hey now

Maybe you should have BRANDI tell them that is illegal.... :idea:

224718_1043987265500_1400166769_30140594_886_n.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Richard,

I know you might think this CraZY... KMA!

BUT...Paul Davis Systems has contacted my son to do FINAL CLEANS at a VERY good rate.
The supervisor was very impressed with our job & the LARGE equipment..... I've seen Jimmy naked

He has requested that we SUB some WD claims in our area... I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked

NEVER thought I would see the day... :!:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
PDS started out just as primarily sub company.

The local one is a hurricane chaser he has 3-times the equipment we have but is not as strong in Topeka. He started out in Lawrence but I hear he has bought out the KC franchise so he must be doing well.

Chris A

Name
Chris
HARPER said:
Richard,

I know you might think this CraZY... KMA!

BUT...Paul Davis Systems has contacted my son to do FINAL CLEANS at a VERY good rate.
The supervisor was very impressed with our job & the LARGE equipment..... I've seen Jimmy naked

He has requested that we SUB some WD claims in our area... I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked

NEVER thought I would see the day... :!:

We work for our local Pdr as well. Works well for both parties, we do what we do, they do what they do and we both do well.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi guys or gals lol. Looks like this post is going wet so I am going to jump in. We have been trying to get more WDR work for over a year. We have gotten in pretty good with our local SF agent here and have seen great benefits from it but only so much we can get from him in 12k pop city. If the insured calls the main SF line they get sent to pref. vendor. We are doing some Google and other seo stuff but no where near the calls I would like to get. This is a ser v pro and ser v ice master area and they are getting the bulk of the loses due to their preferred vendor status. I would like to get some ideas on a few marketing programs that I can try out. Looked into more floods and even had a rainbow rep trying to sell us a franchise but can’t see spending 50k to give them 20% and then roll what biz I have built into their pocket lol. So any input would be great.

1. best program or literature to market plumbers
2. what are the best give a ways or incentives for ins. Agents
3. Is there still a way to get on any ins. Companies preferred vender programs and do I want to bother.
4. any other ideas to grow the WDR part of our biz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom