Cuff question

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm getting ready to replace/update my old cuffs. The question is: what cuffs would be the best in terms of no air leak, staying connected etc.

I have to hang the vac line multiple stories high over sidewalks...no need for an accident.

Aside from politics, Joes or Flashcuffs or Mytee cuffs?

I don't care about drama- I want the best.

Let's hear your opinions!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have 100' lengths of vac hose in stock and can have them made longer. As for coming apart the flaash cuffs dont come a part and sometimes even when you want them..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

That happened to me with the flash cuffs....I had to smack the lil button to try to release.. it was from when they first came out, have they changed anything on them?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Have you considered going to the hardware store and getting some 2 inch pvc pipe?

To answer your questions about cuffs, I am currently playing with a couple of Mytee cuffs and they are working fine and haven't come apart.

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Have you considered going to the hardware store and getting some 2 inch pvc pipe?

To answer your questions about cuffs, I am currently playing with a couple of Mytee cuffs and they are working fine and haven't come apart.

95% of the jobs the vac line isn't hanging over sidewalks so I don't think I would need a PVC pipe or continuous length hose. It was just an example of what I want in a cuff. Stay together, seal well, come apart when needed.

I have dealt with Joes cuffs had flash cuff and of course vinyl cuffs .

What I was curious about is who has what right now, the latest greatest new and improved :lol:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not an answer to your question Zee.
However, regardless of the cuffs, you'd want them secured no matter how well they stay connected.

There's a Velcro strap that they make for it. Or a simple rope tied tight around to secure it, will do as well.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Not an answer to your question Zee.
However, regardless of the cuffs, you'd want them secured no matter how well they stay connected.

There's a Velcro strap that they make for it. Or a simple rope tied tight around to secure it, will do as well.

Thanks Ofer, I have a couple of the Velcro straps and hooks etc.. I've been hanging hoses and securing them that way since 1999. The highest was I think 6th or 7th floor outside and 9th floor inside a stairwell. . I never leave a hose hanging by itself. Always and everytime it gets tied up...but still want the cuffs secure though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Joes cuffs...pretty durable...last less then 6 months before they don't swivel anymore and start coming off the hoses...leak a little bit..seem to take more of a beating then any other..at this point in time ..they seem to be the best still...

Mytee cuffs....so far I have dropped and cracked 2 of them...same as above..in less then 6 months they stop swiveling..leak a little bit....

Flash cuffs...the old ones would not come apart....but I was looking at the newer ones the other day and it SEEMS like this has been fixed....walked over to see how well it fit on a wand and there was so much slop that it would fall off on the forward stroke...the salesman told me to just wrap tape on the end of my wand.....:icon_rolleyes:.....these are pretty stout cuffs..and I really like the shape.....they don't seem to hang up on things as much...Pretty sure that after a few times of being drug back on the reel that the button is going to get impossible to push and separate the two....swivel is a bit tight....so the hose will kink instead of straightening itself up....Personally I think that if some one really dialed in this cuff a little better it could be the best one out there....

the vinyl ones....could not tell you much...I can't get them things off my hoses fast enough.........

hogjowl

Idiot™
If I ran a Butler, with all live hose, I'd go with vinyl cuffs. As it is, I guess Mytee is the cuff for me ... until somebody buys Joe out (I got $2) or somebody smart (Lisa?) creates a better cuff than the Mytee.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I had all cuffs except Mytee, which are the same as cool cuffs I would say. With that being said I would go with flash cuffs. The stay together fairly well. I do have some issuses with the 2.5 cuff but that is only because it is 2.5 and my hands can get around it as well, but the 2" work great very little suction loss. The cool cuffs came apart more often and did leak more than the flash cuffs I got now. Had the flash cuffs for 2 years now. Would go with them again.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Joes......the newer ones are a lot better...

mytee ones, like Jim said, I had a few hit the ground(i mean who hear doesnt just drop their hose??) and crack.....also after about 4-5 mths they quit staying together, came off almost as easy as vinyl....

the swivels, I havent had an issue with so far on joes....and I had one that was like 2 years...but i lost it when i took it off to put a vinyl on for the water claw...

So to answer the question....JOES.....know that he has the little "clickers" in it...they hold great

flash cuffs still seem bulky to me...

charliebrown

Name
Charlie Brown
I used vinyl, never seemed to transition to plastic. I would take one turn of duck tape to each hose and cuff and one tun around cuff joint and hose never came apart on multi-story pulls. just a thought (cheap insurance)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I used vinyl, never seemed to transition to plastic. I would take one turn of duck tape to each hose and cuff and one tun around cuff joint and hose never came apart on multi-story pulls. just a thought (cheap insurance)

And a cheap look too.

That's one thing you will never find on my equipment, my tools, and my hoses: ductape...

Able 1

Name
Keith
cool cuffs.. that's 2.5".

hoserun001.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Same here with the Cool Cuffs we do hose runs like this almost daily and have had no problems with them coming apart.
We purchased a couple of the cuffs with the buttons on them and the first day they were used when hoisting the hose to a ninth floor they hit a ledge and it released the hose to drop.

Cool Cuffs
hoses_zps25bf4ef0.jpg

PCCN

Agree. Lots of guys bitch about 100 ft. hose length being too long but if you regularly do jobs and connect hoses it is a time saver as well as vacuum saver. The flash cuffs for us have been zero issue. Don't need 2 hands to connect/disconnect, and they are no more expensive than cool cuffs. Swivels are great. Only disadvantage is they won't fit through the "Hoser" to wash, but manufacturer is already coming out with a solution to that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom