customer release for video testimonials

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I am looking to add a number of videos to my web site and perhaps Youtube as well, and I am wondering what type of release I need to post video testimonials from my customers. I have a few customers that have actually volunteered to give the testimonials for my use, and want to do this correctly the first time. Any help would be appreciated.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If the client loves your work you won't need a release form. They'll be glad to help you in any way they can.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If they didn't love my work, I'm sure thet wouldn't volunteer to do a video...with no compensation... but I am trying to be proactive and CYA.
I'm actually suprised that someone would even volunteer. I will be talking to these 2 customers this week and try to set this up. I already have a picture release thanks to club greenhorn, and I'm sure I could modify that, but I am just trying to do this kind of stuff right from the beginning to end.
This is a multiple repeat and one of her referrals(and close friend) who was ecstatic after I restored her carpet (it was really badly pet damaged).

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
captaincarpet said:
If they didn't love my work, I'm sure thet wouldn't volunteer to do a video...with no compensation... but I am trying to be proactive and CYA.
I'm actually suprised that someone would even volunteer. I will be talking to these 2 customers this week and try to set this up. I already have a picture release thanks to club greenhorn, and I'm sure I could modify that, but I am just trying to do this kind of stuff right from the beginning to end.
This is a multiple repeat and one of her referrals(and close friend) who was ecstatic after I restored her carpet (it was really badly pet damaged).

Thomas,

I pmed ya.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wouldn't ask for a release to be signed. That is just me, if they had a problem later on I would want them to have the freedom to tell me to take it down and not be worried about the release

Marc Imbesi

Bundy said:
I wouldn't ask for a release to be signed. That is just me, if they had a problem later on I would want them to have the freedom to tell me to take it down and not be worried about the release

I dont think anyone here would deny a customer's request to want it down, even after a release was signed...its covering our azzez for those that say they never gave you permission verbally, when in fact they did. You heard of the few rotten apples, havent ya?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
not ones who stand in front of a camera and give a filmed testimonial.
What are you covering your ass from? Please explain

Marc Imbesi

How about the client that gives you verbal permission to film a testimonial...permission is not filmed....then thinks you are making millions from this and sues b/c they now state they didnt give you permission to place on website, etc...

Again, this is a long shot, but those people exist. They hang around the people who blame you for damaging their furniture when you move it to clean behind. Ive been boobie trapped a few times during my early installation days. Didnt take me long to learn to take extra 5mins and survey pieces and get client to sign. No sig, no new install.... :-)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it wouldn't matter. ALl you would need to do is pull the video. It would be obvious when they state who they are in the camera and give a testimonial that they did it willingly. Let me get this straight, you would rather put a legal roadblock up IE a release than just get the video and post it and if they had a problem remove when they ask?
My personal opinion is if my carpet cleaner asked me if he/she could take a testimonial I would definitely say no problem if they asked me to read a legal document that would raise concerns to me and I wouldn't. That simple
How many times have people been screwed entering into a contract without knowing what it contains.
You are a big businessman and I am just a little carpet cleaner so we do things differently.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Never unless it is Scallop Casserole or my famouse Jalapeno Crabmeat Dip.

You can keep putting road blocks up though. I am sure your competition loves it

R

Rob Anspach

...a written testimonial in most cases is unsolicited and you can use it in your ads without compensation

...a video testimonial is usually done with a expressed verbal communication based on a written testimonial or a good faith gesture. The fact of the matter that they are agreeing to be video'd and actively giving of themselves for the sole purpose of making you look better... no written consent or release is needed.

But, hey it's your business if you want to over complicate it by getting signed releases...then making sure each and every client is satisfied with the footage... that's just madness. Sorry!

Keep it simple!

Rob Anspach
www.robanspach.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom