Customer Reviews: how much do they help you?

EDS

Name
Ed
How much do they help you and what platform do you use?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
They help tremendously. and are only going to become a bigger factor in anyones decision making process in the future.

Review consideration is practically a norm in choosing just about anything nowadays, isn't it?

Women especially are more cautious in regards to who they let in their home, and find comfort in positive recommendations, and as you know, women are the majority of potential clients.

Yelp, Google and FaceBook are the big players, but get them anywhere you can.

It's a good idea to screenshot reviews and save them as they can sometimes disappear.

Website plug-ins from Yelp, FB etc. that query and display reviews are a great addition to any website, and saved screenshots can even be posted on a website for added exposure if plug-ins are not available for some reason.

The fact that the can influence search rankings and increase your exposure make them even more valuable.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are small town....

Facebook interaction seems to be one of the most popular for us up here.

We have not hit the Yelp trend yet and we always joke we are 5 years behind the times....LOL...

Don't know if Yelp will make it up here big, but I did claim my Yelp page after a Jeff Cross presentation telling us to at least claim our page and put info on it....

No reviews there, but I do have a few views every now and then....other reviews also have been done on some other sites....

Our Web page as well as Facebook pages I think help us some of the best....as well as just being seen in our communities with our "Traveling Circus" and "Traveling Billboards" (wrapped vans)

I would also caution people if posting yourself on these forums, Facebook, website and review sites....people look at what you say....and people tend to want to do business with professional people who are being professional on those social platforms....

I will not post something (even if it is considered a private or closed group) that I would not want any of my clients or customers to see (see as negative, controversial, etc....)

Keep it professional and positive is my motto.... and I also try to live by that as well just in general...

Reactions: Donwand

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Yes, I hear it everyday that customers called me due to my reviews. Yelp is non existent in Florda but google is king.

Reactions: Mikey P

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Google is king in this market also. I ask every customer how they heard about Blue Monarch. Whenever they mention the internet.....it's followed by "I saw your reviews".

Ron K

You can bet my Cali reviews will be showing up on my Nevada site..
Mike since it seems you're the king of Yelp Reviews what do say to folks to get them to write a review. Do you have an Email you send out? It is migrating north but it seem Cali folks are REALLY into Yelp.
Also yelp keeps calling me and I say if you get my nonreccomended reviews posted I'll sign up but they never do.
Have 6 reviews and 5 nonreccomended reviews all of them are glowing praises is there a certain way to write a review????

Mikey P

Administrator
Ask if they leave reviews there already. If so good, now blow their minds with great service and results and start begging ( with class). Offer a Check In discount like restuarants do. Heck, even our mattress store does. Free frame if you do a Check In.

I think I'll offering that on our "how to prep" emails..

Yes, we send out a templated Service Monster reminder with a link if they said they would but forgot.

Most forget unfortunately.

Ron K

Ask if they leave reviews there already. If so good, now blow their minds with great service and results and start begging ( with class). Offer a Check In discount like restuarants do. Heck, even our mattress store does. Free frame if you do a Check In.

I think I'll offering that on our "how to prep" emails..

Yes, we send out a templated Service Monster reminder with a link if they said they would but forgot.

Most forget unfortunately.
Thanks. Have been asking, begging, blowing there minds.. Free Spotter everything. Heres one we just got but she posted on our Web site contact form:hopeless: not Yelp or the Google!

"I just picked up my rug, which I had neglected for twenty years. It had never been professionally cleaned. It looks absolutely beautiful. The colors are restored and it looks new. It was a pleasure to do business with these terrific people."

Ron K

Just thinking about this for a while and I'd have to say our clients will read reviews and take them seriously but do not like to post them. I've gotten people to write them but then they're not posted because they are reviewing a business for the first time and yelp just ignores them. It is very frustrating but we keep on trying.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I get a ton of work directly off my google reviews. Several a day. They say they read my reviews and usually dont even ask about price. Out of 100, cleaners. The only one with more than a handfull of reviews is Dirk.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yelp is everywhere people, those saying "it's not big here or everything is google, whatever...". Get some reviews that show up and you will see just how great yelp is. More and more people are using it everyday. Get a head start on everyone else and get reviews.

Also, Google likes yelp. Do a google search on carpet cleaning, see what organic spot yelp shows up. In my area yelp is the #2 organic site to show up, our site is #1 organic, that same page also has our local listing and our ad words ad...

So that's FOUR times our site/name show up on first page of google.

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
We leave a "how to leave a review sheet" with all of our customers. I find a customer is more incline to leave a review if they have instructions in front of them.
Google plus and Facebook

EDS

Name
Ed
I tell my customers to go to my website click on the leave a review button while they are logged in to their Gmail account.

They are then directed to my Google business account where they can leave a review. I'm now at 32!!!!

Reactions: CanadianRuss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom