Daily reports...

steve_64

Did my first residential job in awhile. Customer bought new furniture.

For 4 weeks our kitchen has been getting remoldeled. Waiting on countertops,oven exhaust fan. In the process our sewer lines backed up and was quoted $12,000 yesterday. The old lines coming out of house have all collapsed probably been that way a long time always had plumbing issues here. Cost $2000 plus to find this out with no fix.
The guys doing the remodel are going to do it starting Monday. Got to move a few tons of rick and a big ass fountain.
My back hurts.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I paid somewhere around $1200, I think, to have my main drain line replaced a few years back. It collapsed. I wonder why yours is so darn much?

steve_64

I have 3 lines and 2 are under concrete. One goes under a concrete porch then under the garage but then connects to another pipe under more concrete.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had the same thing in my house years ago, under concrete. The plumbing bill alone was $7000, luckily insurance picked it up I think we blamed it on seismic activity or something lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
$75 LF thru the yard
additional charges may apply contingent on variables

here's how we write it up

Machine excavate, and install a 4" PVC sewer line from structure and connect to the public sanitary sewer lateral. Install clean-outs and back flow preventer as required. Regrade yard in work area, sow grass seed and spread straw to reestablish lawn. Contractor to apply and pay for all permits.

..L.T.A.

Reactions: steve_64

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have 3 lines and 2 are under concrete.

city water and sewage, Steveo?

Unless your house is prettydamnbig and has two main stacks in the basement, only one line out and to the street is sanitary waste water
the others must be storm drainage (gutters, driveway drain, etc))
They may tie into the sanitary line outside somewhere

if that's the case, it's unlikely the city will allow that now, so they have to do something with storm drain lines too

what exactly are they doing for the $12k quote?

.LT.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I booked 4 days up with a little phone work. Most of the places I'm doing now are empty. I just glove up and go. Unfortunately I'm down to my last half gallon of benefect and labour the same for quat I wonder how well peroxide works as a disinfectant. I've got a tub of powdered in my truck and tons more 3 blocks away. AND NO I'm not fleecing people (no extra charge) but just trying to leave their spaces in a healthier state. That's what I get paid for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've got work 3 days next week, hope the boys can keep doing it solo.

Most of the places I'm getting work from are closed offices , schools, and anywhere that's shutdown. It's one little piece of the hygiene pie but eventually going back to a clean building will have its merits.and by doing them when it's empty lessens the chances of contact tremendously.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Dropped off my homemade masks to my sister's hospital yesterday, mailed some to a hospital in Grass Valley this morning
Tomorrow I have 1 essential carpet cleaning-- ie. move-out.
Then I'll be making the masks for a local UPS.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Mikey P

Administrator
20200327_174127-COLLAGE.jpg

steve_64

Can the drain be rerouted to avoid breaking so much concrete?
Thinking about that on the north side of the house and abandon the pipe under the garage and porch there. Still have to go under the driveway though.
The kitchen has its own line coming out under the concrete porch out front that the other connects to and goes under a sidewalk.
The other 3rd line just has landscape. A bunch of rock and bushes.

steve_64

city water and sewage, Steveo?

Unless your house is prettydamnbig and has two main stacks in the basement, only one line out and to the street is sanitary waste water
the others must be storm drainage (gutters, driveway drain, etc))
They may tie into the sanitary line outside somewhere

if that's the case, it's unlikely the city will allow that now, so they have to do something with storm drain lines too

what exactly are they doing for the $12k quote?

.LT.A.
City water and sewer.

It's just the 3 lines coming out of the house. Replacing the cast all the way into house so I can come back later and replace everything inside too.
The lines out front to the road have been replaced already but the asshole neighbor hooked his sewer line into ours right by the road before we bought the house. He didn't want to hire a license contractor to hook it up to the city sewer line so we have that to deal with yet too.

We have 2 bathrooms with 2 mains coming out and the kitchen has a small line coming out.

steve_64

In other news.
New construction is shutting down but we can finish the houses that are already sold. So we have a few more to finish but then that's done.
The dealership was going to put us on hold but decided to keep us on since the parts and mechanics are still working. I'm trying to see if the want me to clean the tile while traffic is slow.
Disinfecting door handles and few other hard surfaces a couple times a week for one apartment complex.
Still need another van but probably not getting my pole barn this year. Dumping to much into the house.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
One day care center completed the am....

So far one truck going out for one job on Monday....

No one has canceled..

And no calls for new jobs have came in....

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
One day care center completed the am....

So far one truck going out for one job on Monday....

No one has canceled..

And no calls for new jobs have came in....
The daycare center I had scheduled today cancelled. They got cheap

she told me that they were worried it would get a kid with covid a week after I cleaned it and therefore would need to get it cleaned again. They didn’t have that in their budget. So they cancelled until this covid crap is over

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
what are the possible legal implications for you guys?

Here you can't sue another individual for personal damages

Could you possibly open yourself up to a lawsuit for introducing a disease into someones house?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
what are the possible legal implications for you guys?

Here you can't sue another individual for personal damages

Could you possibly open yourself up to a lawsuit for introducing a disease into someones house?
Proof is in the pudding.

Is China getting sued???

Reactions: Doug Rice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom