Dave Yoakum screwed me! (J/K)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
He sent me a post card template to use saying that my customer won our "Second Chance Drawing."

Everybody was so excited they didn't read the rest of the card and they were pissed that I wasn't going out and cleaning their whole house for free.

Okay. I changed the card, and the way the copy was laid out (by me) was so royally screwed and so dang confusing nobody would gather what exactly the card meant just by reading it once. Basically, I pissed off every single person who entered my contest at the home improvement show. I'd like to blame it on Dave, but it's my fault...

Let's learn from my mistake:

Keep It Simple Stupid !

Make sure your marketing message is clear. A clear offer that isn't that valuable will work better than a valuable offer that isn't that clear.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Re: Dave Yoakum screwed me!

why would you ever give a set of stairs away? That is more work than a room

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

It's just a template that can be customized. The steps are just on the card for an example. It can be changed to clean 3 room to get a gift or 6 steps etc...

I use it as a way to get qualified prospects that already want carpet cleaning into my data base for a mailing sequence. It's a lot better than cold mailing.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Stairs more work than a room Greg- whatchoo talkn bout man?????? I use to dream of doing just stairs all day, easy money and fast. Most often not too soiled and other than the center ofthe step and lip they are a breeze.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.

Ken Snow said:
Stairs more work than a room Greg- whatchoo talkn bout man?????? I use to dream of doing just stairs all day, easy money and fast. Most often not too soiled and other than the center ofthe step and lip they are a breeze.

Never would have thought I'd hear that. I hate doing stairs. I can clean a whole house without breaking a sweat but then do those 12-13 steps and be soaked in sweat.

Of course on occasion I've had rentals that were fairly clean and I'd just use the wand for the top and skip the riser. It's pretty quick and easy then.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Ken Snow said:

Never minded cleaning them

It was the going up and down them that I didn't like.

That was the only reason to charge more for stairs in my opinion.

Stairs suck...brian and ken have you ever cleaned them b4?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Cleaning stairs sucked when I had to use a hand buffer or OH my God just a bonnet on my hands...when I had a Chem-Hell.

when I got to the TM, they just seemed so easy...I guess it was a comparison thang.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

I cleaned for over 5 1/2 years before moving into dispatch and management. I cleaned them with a stair tool usually. I am a sweathog so I was already prett sweaty by the time I did the stairs. Yes they are hot to do, but easy as heck imo.

Bob Foster

I got to say when ever I see anything on it that says I won something I immediately lose any feelings of credibility for the company that sent it and completely distrust any offer that might be printed on the advertising.

Absolutely the poorest collateral I have ever seen here that was presented by a purported marketing person.

Sorry Dave and whoever else likes this crap but that's the truth.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Did you guys read my post? I jumbled the message to make it less clear. In fact, the copy is so bad I will not post one for anybody to see. I was just joking around and trying to get a rise out of Dave.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Actually, the card goes to prospects that have already told me they wanted carpet cleaning or other services. After I have a personal contact with them. That they are homeowners and that it has been 6 months or more since their last cleaning.

The card mostly becomes a reminder that they wanted cleaning and to call me. Most of the time they could care less about the free bedroom traffic area or what ever.

The gift is free, if they get a couple off rooms cleaned. Much like a buy one get one free. free 2nd dinner, free delivery or other offers from merchants. (Prospects are driven to sales promoted like this all the time)

Anyway, it works for me and I haven't heard any complaints. (I have frequent contact from these groups of prospects)

If anyone would like the template for raffles or other group contacts. let me know by e-mail.
It is in MS publisher.

I had my g/f look at it and she said it looks like a shitty deal and a scam....all I did was say what do you think of this? and that was her reply

She said thats a scam...what if you have 13 steps or 14 steps are they not gonna clean the other 2...they probably wont clean the back of the steps and she said the rainbow colors looks like sh!t.....she was like your not going to use that for your business are you....
Just feedback I'm not trying to pick on anyone....

She knows nothing about dave or any board drama...I simply said what do you think and thats what she said....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok,
So I have thought this for awhile but didn't want to start any crap (go figure)

Dave,
I commend you on giving stuff away for free to the CCers here. The templates and all that I hope come from your heart.

but I gotta tell ya, those templates are really bad. Very low budget, ghetto designs and the message is not good at all on the ones I have seen.

No offense because it seems like you are an ok guy, but they suck bad bro. Did you make them yourself? If not, who did them?

I like Waynes a million times better.
Free never means better. (maybe advice, but even then there is an alterior motive)

You get what you pay for...so far everytime in my life (as apposed to someone else's life :roll: )

Maybe you could come up with something better?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and Gary...If you sent those to your customers...you are a hack. :mrgreen:

What the hell were you thinking?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I work very hard on a set of stairs between hand scrubbing and two tools during rinse/extraction

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Brian Robison said:
Oh, and Gary...If you sent those to your customers...you are a hack. :mrgreen:

I used the kid holding the trophy. I didn't use any of the rainbow colors. I used the basic idea though I tried to "fix" the copy and made it confusing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3us450xf]Oh, and Gary...If you sent those to your customers...you are a hack. :mrgreen:

I used the kid holding the trophy. I didn't use any of the rainbow colors. I used the basic idea though I tried to "fix" the copy and made it confusing.[/quote:3us450xf]

Talk to wayne next time

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Brian Robison said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":1objefcj][quote="Brian Robison":1objefcj]Oh, and Gary...If you sent those to your customers...you are a hack. :mrgreen:

I used the kid holding the trophy. I didn't use any of the rainbow colors. I used the basic idea though I tried to "fix" the copy and made it confusing.[/quote:1objefcj]

Talk to wayne next time[/quote:1objefcj]

Talk to my boss and tell him post cards cost more than 2cents a piece to make, even if we print them.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will give all of you 12 steps for free

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Name
I'm Rick James

Ken Snow said:

I agree stairs are pretty easy to do. I dont charge extra for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom