day one for the Hoss

Mikey P

Administrator
Took me about an hour to put it together

Lurch kit
Wiring
Flow disc
a few other nuts and bolts, some of which I had to supply because someone forgot to put them in the box.

photobucket-5078-1321746686978.jpg

When I first hit the power I was immediately aware of how much more power/ torque the Hoss has compared to the 360i. @ 145 RPMs/1/2 horse it really feels like a 175 type/1 horse swing machine.

You can see the 8 inch or so extenders on the handle where they meet the base.

photobucket-6793-1321746704571.jpg

The unit come with three different "Flow Disks" I tried the middle disk first on my own carpet but ended up with the least amount of flow disk by the time I was done with two rooms.

This things puts out a lot of water with the new jet system

photobucket-6617-1321745771325.jpg

I had an issue with excessive vibrational noise but a call to Studebaker got me working on tightening up one of the wheels to shut her up. I had to add an extra washer behind the wheel and that did a lot but there is still room for improvement in noise reduction with some closer tolerances in the axle system.

My carpet at home is not really visibly dirty so not much to say as for how well it cleans. The lint filter was full of dig hair though.
Dry times were on par with the 360i, carpet dried nice and soft.
I'm looking forward to testing it on some lumpy glue down to see how effective the built in travel on the heads proves to be

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
3 pics thats it :x :x :x :x

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks for the info, Mike.

Have you ever used an RX-20. How does it compare to that?

Any issues with jets clogging yet?

Do they still have varying placed pressure jets so that each cleans a portion of the width of the vac shoe? That's the thing I don't like about the design. Seems all jets should fill out the whole area like other rotary tools for a more consistent rinse.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve Lawrence said:

Have you ever used an RX-20. How does it compare to that? RX20 was too short for me so no long term opinion

Any issues with jets clogging yet? Not after 2 rooms

Do they still have varying placed pressure jets so that each cleans a portion of the width of the vac shoe? That's the thing I don't like about the design. Seems all jets should fill out the whole area like other rotary tools for a more consistent rinse.

as for jetting those two long bars are like fire hoses.

photobucket-3126-1321810726223.jpg

easy access to clean out all 5 spray bars if needed, unlike the 360i this comes with an inline strainer

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Steve Lawrence said:

Have you ever used an RX-20. How does it compare to that?

Any issues with jets clogging yet?

Richard Baldwin posted pictures and results of the Hoss with all 5 jets converted to full length instead of just two. That was on the *** board.

He seemed to think it cleaned better/faster configured like that. He said the spray strength was less than the standard version because of the difference using the 5 full lenght bars.

Perhaps with the lowest flow setting, using 5 full length spary bars would not overwet while cleaning faster, making dry times reasonable.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I think it could use some glides for better water recovery and less torque on the motor, but it doesn't look like glides could be added to the stock shoes with all those slits in the shoes for better air movement of the stock unit.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no need for glides on this....because of the little slots that are cut in the vacuum shoes this machine has some of the best recovery of any rotary out there....

2 long and 3 short give you the best of both worlds...you get both flow and penetration....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

I think the recovery is better on the Hoss . . .

due to the vac head design with the lower trailing edge to squeegee the water out of the carpet.

Have you noticed better recovery compared to the 360i ?

Larry

Back
Top Bottom