Dear Steve Toburen

Ryan

Exactly how long did your business last after you sold out? Rumor has it you saw the inevitable and sold it to some poor sap who was out of business in 6 months.

No need for some long post full of excuses explaining why he went out of business either...........

Cameron1

Ryan said:
Exactly how long did your business last after you sold out? Rumor has it you saw the inevitable and sold it to some poor sap who was out of business in 6 months.

No need for some long post full of excuses explaining why he went out of business either...........

What a pathetic waste of good board space. Will the answer to that question make your life better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve said:
What a pathetic waste of good board space. Will the answer to that question make your life better.

LOL

I'm "guessing" Steve's sold biz hit the skids because "Steve" was no longer at the helm.
It's obvious to me Steve is a supreme salesman, and I'd bet my last bullet he was highly motivated, knew how to motivate the "troops" and is also a workaholic.

contrary to what "some" might suggest, you can't "teach" that.
It's in you, or it ain't...

you can teach someone to run "faster", but if they have flat feet, they'll never be "fast"

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Well said Meat- and I don't think the business ever went under. I also think Steve has too much class to respond to this idiotic thread.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've heard about 30% of CC businesses that get sold go under within 5 years. However the fail rate for new CC businesses is much greater than that.

Likewise used cars sometimes get wrecked by their new owners. Nothing to do with the original owner.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it went under because the people he sold it to didnt know how to run a business..
people buy a successful business and start firing people and making changes thinking they know
what is best, they should just leave it alone and keep everyone in place and learn why the business
is successful and then run it..
i was offered a pretty penny for my business a few months ago and declined it because i am not ready
to step back and watch it fail..the guy had so many stupid ideas and was asking me why i do some
customer service things that i do that i was sure he would be under in less than a year.
this is something you should have imd to him..makes you look like you are classless for calling him out.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Got to SFS Steve tells the whole story.
Now back TO ME
I ran businesses and one negative was that when I left they failed. I took companies barely making it to multimillion dollae a year businesses and when I left they failed and that to me is my biggest failure. One compnent shouldn't be that important but alot of the time it is. I guess Ryan what your searching for is defamation of a man who worked hard and benefitted from the fruits of his labor. I was leaving a business that I built and the guy who I was handing the reins to said " I am gonna do it like you. Get in early and leave early" I asked is that what you think I do? "good luck" bankrupt in 6 months

Ryan

Someone sent me a PM running him down. I thought a post would get the truth out. Looks like it did.

So Ken talking about him through PM behind his back would have been classier?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how about having some discretion and if you did get a PM then out the douche who did it. my guess is the douches name is Ryan. Have you ever heard the story of gossip in the church?

Ryan

All a PM would have got me was his slant on what happened.

Since when is discretion required on this board anyways. Some of you guys might be happier on ***.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
defaming someone is kinda sociopathic behavior. take the time and watch this video MORON
7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OwpGUI-TAI7]

My guess would be you would be more comfortable at ***. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

F

FB7777

Greg, that was an excellent video clip which illustrated your point very well...

up until the part where you defamed Ryan by calling him a MORON :lol:

Ryan

So the question I posted turned out to be true. How the hell does asking that translate into defaming him?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Seeing as how Steve's good name has been besmirched, how about posting the email in it's entirety so all can see who is making the allegations. ??

Otherwise it is merely spineless/spitefull allegations.

Whatever happens to a business after it is sold has nothing to do with the person that sold it if some idiot starts making changes to that business, as I have personally seen many do in many different businesses, not just carpet cleaning.

I doubt very much that Steve would blatantly post so many times on different forums, how great his business was if there was a glimmer of wrongdoing on his part.

How long ago did Steve sell his business ??

How long did the new owner last, if he is still not in business.??

Why has it taken so long for this guy to make these allegations.

One more thing, re your post....

What would you expect ?? A one line explanation ??

This scurrilous bit of muck raking does not deem an answer from Steve in my opinion.

Either way, this crap is none of our business, it's between those two only.

Fair dinkum, some people must be thicker than duck shit & twice as stupid.

Ooroo,

:evil:

Ryan

Shorty Down Under said:
Seeing as how Steve's good name has been besmirched, how about posting the email in it's entirety so all can see who is making the allegations. ??

Otherwise it is merely spineless/spitefull allegations.

Whatever happens to a business after it is sold has nothing to do with the person that sold it if some idiot starts making changes to that business, as I have personally seen many do in many different businesses, not just carpet cleaning.

I doubt very much that Steve would blatantly post so many times on different forums, how great his business was if there was a glimmer of wrongdoing on his part.

How long ago did Steve sell his business ??

How long did the new owner last, if he is still not in business.??

Why has it taken so long for this guy to make these allegations.

One more thing, re your post....

What would you expect ?? A one line explanation ??

This scurrilous bit of muck raking does not deem an answer from Steve in my opinion.

Either way, this crap is none of our business, it's between those two only.

Fair dinkum, some people must be thicker than duck shit & twice as stupid.

Ooroo,

:evil:

An allegation (also called adduction) is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, which the party claims to be able to prove. Allegations remain assertions without proof, until they can be proved.

Its not an allegation if its true. I don't see how this post is raking Steve's "good" name through the mud. The guy sells marketing advise to carpet cleaners.. you guys are acting like he's one of us. Grow some critical thinking skills and see through the charisma. I've been through the strategies for success site, its basically the E-Myth and some other popular marketing literature applied to carpet cleaning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow. Ryan, are you kidding me? Anyone who knows Steve personally will tell you he is a stand up guy...unless you're Odin, then of course you're frickin psycho.
Either way, I've talked with Steve about his Carpet Cleaning business. Class act.
I would like to know who the guy behind the scenes is, but I don't want to know from anyone but him or her.
PM's are PM's for a reason.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ryan, you, Terje, who most likely put you up to this and Fred are way off on Steve.

He is one of "us" and just because you three fortunate souls don't need or want his FREE advice does to give you the right to be a rude prick to my FRIEND Steve.

F

FB7777

hey Mikey leave me the ACE out of this witch hunt

I had nothing to do with that accusation

For the record, its my opinion that Steve T ran a very successful operation. WHatever happened to the business after the sale is out of Steve's hands.

G

At least the Guy is up front about what he does , he sells marketing advice. I have never seen him try to hide that fact, in fact he is pretty upfront that he is selling in every post. You cant get any more transparent than that.

Ryan

I asked the same question you asked Mikey. So did that make you a rude prick when you did it? No one "put me up to it", I just thought I would find out if that was true. Wasn't Shawn York your friend too Mikey?

I NEVER SAID HIS INFO WAS BAD. Just because he sold his business to a sucker doesn't mean his advice is bad. And his "free" advice is always full of free advertising for his website. I'm sure a lot of new guys (myself included) could use his advice.

Brian, so basically your telling me you talked to him and he seemed like a nice guy? Ted Bundy was very charismatic and likable, but that didn't stop him from eating people. (not comparing Steve to Ted Bundy just proving a point).

I never said he didn't run a successful business either, I simply ask a fooking question I wanted to know the answer to.

Fred had nothing to do with me asking.

Ryan

fred boyle said:
truth is I have the SFS website saved under my favorites :oops:

Its not on my favorites, but I use his site often too. I don't see what everyone is getting so upset about.

Mikey P

Administrator
I asked the same question you asked Mikey. So did that make you a rude prick when you did it? No one "put me up to it", I just thought I would find out if that was true. Wasn't Shawn York your friend too Mikey?

I asked it as part of an interview and wasn't rude about it Ryan. Go back and read your initial post bud You come off as very Brevikish.

As for the York jab.

I was an ugly divorce, what can I say.

except that you bringing that up as a comeback shows serious lack of wit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom