Death To The Carpet Cleaner

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I Sold Out 569DBAAE-7D15-4952-88E2-20324F623E18.jpeg

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Listen Pal the reason people are putting this down is to eliminate having to pay a professional. I have a amazing customer base but they will let the Merry Maids micro fiber their floors. Thank Gawd for basements for Fluffy stuff. I hate cleaning hard floor surfaces.

Waldo

Mikey P

Administrator
Listen Pal the reason people are putting this down is to eliminate having to pay a professional. I have a amazing customer base but they will let the Merry Maids micro fiber their floors. Thank Gawd for basements for Fluffy stuff. I hate cleaning hard floor surfaces.

Waldo
mark my words, one year from now when they realize that their Swifters, spinning mops and Roomba shit spreaders and Fabuloso residues are stinking up the place, they will be THRILLED to pay you .50 a foot to come rinse all the Fredi19 causing sludge off of it

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
are you pushing a Dang wand these days Spicolli?
Yeah a 16 inch monster I think....

Ps tile cleaning is my biggest profit margin.

I've done a few lvp floors.

But my Westpac brush head tile wand is on it's last leg....

And I won't use a spinner on anything but tile.

But we did spin that lvp in San Diego lol.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ps tile cleaning is my biggest profit margin.
It's obvious both you and Mike are making the most profit on tile. yOu're on the west coast. Carpet is still a big part over here. And vinyl plank is getting more popular than tile because it's cheaper

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's obvious both you and Mike are making the most profit on tile. yOu're on the west coast. Carpet is still a big part over here. And vinyl plank is getting more popular than tile because it's cheaper
Oh I make more cleaning carpet.....

I said profit margin. I should've said I make more an hour doing tile then carpet.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
On vinyl and tile that doesn't have any grout issues I'm charging my carpet rates.

If you want to see your customers again, quit charging them a dollar, a dollar fifty and quit bullshitting them with grout sealer.

Sweep
Mop
Dwell/ scrub*
Rinse
Dry.

#ezypzy

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
On vinyl and tile that doesn't have any grout issues I'm charging my carpet rates.

If you want to see your customers again, quit charging them a dollar, a dollar fifty and quit bullshitting them with grout sealer.

Sweep
Mop
Dwell/ scrub*
Rinse
Dry.

#ezypzy

When tile and grout cleaning became a "thing" back ...well a long time ago....it often came up where someone would have their carpet and tile done, and compare what they paid for the carpet to the tile, and object.

The issue is not the ones who object; its the ones who smile, and pay you, then never call you back.

Tell us about bullshitting them with grout sealer Mike?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm getting .60 a sq ft to clean.

But guys in the dollar to two dollar range, that go in and mask everything. prep work can raise the value, because of time spent.

But pouring down solution and being careful you can save time with out all the prep.

Also with more and more people doing it creates less of a specialty service.

Still with tile and grout I'm on my hands and knees in some kitchen areas around stoves and edges.

F

FB7777

wainscoting and painting the upper half light gray

nice oriental rug for sound absorption

the only ‘lead‘ will be coming from my Marshall… preferably Zeppelin II and Physical Graffiti

Reactions: Numero Uno
F

FB7777

a good friend that is currently an out of work engineer. He does great finish work and has done a few small projects for us

The repeating pattern is unorthodox I thought but 80% of each room is covered with rugs and furniture

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Oh Fred. Your installer needs some lessons. Unless you wanted every other board to line up equally. Then he did a great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: FB7777

Mikey P

Administrator
wainscoting and painting the upper half light gray

nice oriental rug for sound absorption

the only ‘lead‘ will be coming from my Marshall… preferably Zeppelin II and Physical Graffiti
I assume he started on the left side of the room, in that photograph...?

Mind posting a picture of the opposing wall area?Mind posting a picture of the opposing wall area?

Mikey P

Administrator
Much like putting a water base protectant on a polyester carpet. It only works for the first couple of weeks..

And new modern grout simply doesn't need it.

Talk to any real stone guys that can grind and hone and fix cracks and do anything with any type of stone and they never seal anything but porous granite counters

F

FB7777

The reality is that they are going to be covered with stuff, so I can live with the odd pattern

Here is my daughters room lol

BDA267B2-E3C5-4D8C-82A4-D59B40BC0927.jpeg
and before you jump on the transition, I haven’t put a tack strip yet

Mikey P

Administrator
Will these phot’s be helpful for your hard surface IICRC contributions

under section 507-5 — Eccentric millionaires and their nightmare installations ?
It would if it made my top 1000 list, but that's actually well installed. Just a goofy pattern from a guy who has no vision of the future....lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom