delamination Repair.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a cheap tufted wool rug that’s backing is falling apart after an aggressive cleaning to remove cat urine. Where do I get latex to attempt a repair?

Jamesh921

Name
James
Your floor installation supply store should have it in stock.

Don't know if the Big Boxes carry it, but you could check. Might be cheaper if they do.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Lee Stockwell said:
White paint...

I hope you were not joking cuz that’s exactly what I used.

I also used some APAC 701 on a small area and that stuff is amazing. It would have about $100.00+ to do the whole rug with APAC 701 as it is sold by the Qt. I’m going to try some 3M spray adhesive to put on the cloth backing. This is the last fooking area rug I ever clean offsite.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Depending on the size.. 100.00 in adhesive is not unusual. But typically our price is going to be atleast four times that.

But we use Parabond M267, once we have removed all the old excess crystallized latex. Its pretty much pure latex and doesn't want to break down with age.

We can make it stronger, cleaner.. less smelly.. through hardwork.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... sometimes... but often a quality hand tufted wool rug is still going to be more expensive than the price to repair the backing and if the colors and just right.. some people will pay it. We always advice our clients to consider a new purchase vs repairing the back. But if they are personally invested in the rug, its a nice service to offer them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom