demographics of carpet cleaning customers.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
So I heard somewhere that only 40% of people get their carpets professionally cleaned. I am not sure where I heard it and whether that is 40% of households that have carpet or 40% of households total.

Anyways that leaves a huge segment that do not get their carpets cleaned. I know of a lot that wont, For starters renters are less likely to have a profesional compared to a homeowner.

I was wondering if someone had access to the demographics that customers that hire professionals. Things such as

Age range...... I would guess 40-60 is the highest but that is only a gut feeling
profesional groups, such as medical, idk
any other demo that could be helpful to narrow down a direct mail piece.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i bet it depends on where you live to...(as usual)

around here...id say the age is late 20s-on up.....

but with that they do it less frequent, due to the size of their house payment...and house...which now a lot of it is a hard type of floor...which a lot still seem to think it doesnt need done

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I recently got a pitch from Clear Channel Radio. The numbers provided by the sales rep showed 34%. Who knows how accurate any of that crap is. There is way too many factors like, age, income bracket, race, cultural beliefs, etc that skew it in every market.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I recently got a pitch from Clear Channel Radio. The numbers provided by the sales rep showed 34%. Who knows how accurate any of that crap is. There is way too many factors like, age, income bracket, race, cultural beliefs, etc that skew it in every market.

Im surprised greg, of all people I really thought you would know this. You are the absolute marketing guru that participates here imo

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
If they do not clean there carpets it is not worth trying to change there minds. You may get i chance and they watch as the carpet changes color right before thier very eyes!!
Then they promise to clean every six months. Wow were they impressed, and they were.
Years later comes a call "you cleaned my carpets before can I get a discount as a repeat client"
I really try to focus on the folks that seek out cleaning rather than change someones mind. I was told the carpets get dirty faster with cleaning them so I waited six years.
Happy Holidays

Reactions: Royal Man

hogjowl

Idiot™
How might knowing the approximate number of people in your market who own carpet, or have their carpets cleaned, help you in your marketing systems?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Cool, thanks. Here's hoping you have a Merry Christmas.
Are you coming to MF?

Funny enough, I had a mikeyfest an hour away from me and I didn't go. Granted I had some personal issues going on at the time. But I saw that you and some guy named fred were presenting at this one and have made it a priority to go. Not trying to stroke your balls but I really really respect what you have done and believe you have some very insightful information to share. I think Fred Cordel might have a thing or two worth listening to also. Besides since fred worked for the cia I think he will be a no show.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Funny story about black lights, Several years ago i went to a trade show and one of the vendors gave away mini black lights. After partaking of several adult beverages, around 2:30 in the morning, I stumbled back to my room ad started going through the goodie bag looking for something to eat. i came across the black light. I made the mistake of turning it on and shining it at te ceiling. Needless to say, at 2:40 in the moring the Bellagio was moving me to a different room. The light was left in the trash.....
Happy holidays

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
:eekk: dare we ask!!

Steve Marsh had some stats.
The skinny of it was that there is less than 15% of the populace that have carpet will look at YPs or other ads.
Cleanfax or Joe Polish had some stats where the biggest competition for the professional is the Rental Industry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom