Descaling this heater what a PITA

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So after poking around in pressure washer forums, (because it is after all a PW heater)

I found just how intense I needed to be with this coil....

None of this run it through the machine and let it sit for a day....NOOOOOO

Put the juice in, run it for 15 min...let it sit....run it some more, sit....flush...run some more through.... etc....:dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:

So i wasnt going to run the machine with this shit in it...caustic wise or the shit that came out....

So i had a pump laying around from my old porty turned presprayer:clap::clap:

Got the clear hose so i could see what was flowing....figured it pressed pretty good on the barbs...low pressure...who needs clamps:winky:

oh and then the pump wouldnt pull....:confusedd::confusedd: so had to rig a bucket with a fitting to gravity feed it :dejection::dejection::dejection:

So all is pumping just fine (about a minute) when i notice the pump leaking (ohhhh so thats why i pulled it out:clap::clap::clap:)

go to move the pump above a bucket:eekk::eekk::eekk: (ohhh so thats why you use clamps....:dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:)

freaking acid water spitting everywhere:redface::redface::redface:...... At least I didnt get any on me:eekk::eekk::eekk:..(now where are those gloves and glasses :winky::winky:)

So after i cleaned that up, tried another one i had sitting there....damnit it doesnt even work WTF:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

So decided fook it...the prespray machine it is...and if i screw this pump up....well i got another one on the shelf...(and it is new so stfu:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

And it was working well...good pressure, clean working....till on a rinse:eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk:....POP goes the hose from out of the machine.....(hell didnt even like 100psi)

Thinking Thinking:dejection::dejection::dejection:..... AH HA...I got a wire reinforced clean one over on this old machine....:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

acid, sit, rinse, REPEAT.....

after all is said and done....it is fixed...has a nice stream to it...(remember i said it looked like it was dribbling....now we got full on stream:rockon::rockon::clap::clap::clap:)

and now I have some parts made up, for me to do it again, in the spring, or right before i hook up my softener I will be getting....

Moral of the story....

Go with your fist gut thought....(was gonna use the machine..but thought nawwwwww)

and over do it on the hose ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude I told you my distributor lets it run for hours on end, recirulating it with a low pressure pump, switching between decaler and muratic acid. It slow, some what hazardous work.

Take it to John after all he has a board special for 75% off! :eekk:

:biggrin:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
little over 2 hrs and some frustration...(it did how ever cross my mind)

HOWEVER.....

2hrs on a good day just driving to and fro.....then what do i do while its there??? for a few hrs??

There in lies the dilemma....

ohhhh I know...buy out one of those other buildings...and put in a shooting range:rockon: free for custy to use while they wait...

but yes if this didnt work, i was giving you a call, and would just suck it up....

ohhh and he cant let it run for more then about 10 mins. Unless he has a special made recirc tub.......because the shit that comes out of that pipe....:eekk:

and it would just plug a filter....well did...:icon_redface:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
it is.....but i now know how...have the little parts for it....and can do it no problem....

cept i would do it while its warm weather...:madd:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
if you use the right descaler it is less then 15 minutes. We dont use Home Depot shit....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well what is it then??

and there again.....nooooooo dealers up this way really

John Olson

Name
John Olson
well what is it then??

and there again.....nooooooo dealers up this way really
Your 45 minutes away. That's hours closer then a lot of companies that drive for regular service. I bet that's closer then a lot of people on the board yet you whine about us being soooo far away. I get you want tinker but I promise you'd be farther ahead if you stopped f'n up your machine. It is now worthless after what you've done to it. I know you think you've made it better but you've just ruined all re-sale value and that just bugs the hell out of me because I hate to see you stepping over dollars to pick up pennies...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Heres the thing....

Resale value???? I dont plan on selling it....

It will be ran into the ground, and pieces replaced as needed....

The difference is, it will only be main components, not all the other stuff I dont need...

I dont want nor need a monthly payment on a machine, when what i have works, and does its thing...

I know thats a hard concept for some people to comprehend.. But thats me.....Did you read that little blurp Les said about a kool-aide stand over head???

yeah well thats me....

the dollars to cents saved by fix/replacing things, far out weighs the cost of purchasing new.....at least for me...

havent you figured out by now I do it a little bit different :headbang::headbang:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom