Devastator Filter Update

T

tconway

Hey Guys,
Its been a while sinse I have been here but I want to give you all a update on the Devastator filter and its journey, I posted here a long time ago when I first started this filter. Been working on improvements to it and cleaning carpets, my biz has been growing wish it was more but you know how that goes.
I was looking through the history and noticed some of you guys have been recommeding my filter and would like to say thank you to all of you that have bought it and supported the filter and me. Because of all of you guys this is what the Devastator has become today.
I have made the final changes to it,one is I have found a way to make them the same length as poolie,and lint hogs but still have over twice the capacity, We now make a smaller version that fits guys better that don't have room to spare in the van. The coolest is the final stage in the filter,it is a Stainless Steel model that is beautiful (well for a filter) anyway. Here are some pics of the progress and thanks again for the support
1338233763828.jpg

1338170055632.jpg

1338233946653.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
That stainless steel Devastator looks bad ass!

I need to get me one of them.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Is this the one that my son in law had made to his needs? I think he said he had one made that had two 2.5 inch ports on one end and a single 2.5 inch on the onther end.

T

tconway

Guys,
Right now we are selling the SS Dev for $250.00. It is going to go up a little more due to the fact Tim my fabricator who makes the housing will give me final price when we get the first run done. He has wanted to help me for a long time and I finally had the money to go for it. I think it was worth it.
We made a couple prototypes and did the final adjustments,Got the first batch today they are SICK.
The lid is super easy to put on,all you have to do is push it into place and the lock tabs he designed hold the lid, it actually seals better than what I had made before on older models. The cool thing is the new PVC housing will have the same locks also. No more pin and wingnut that can get lost.
I was really worried about this part as I freakin hate leaks and it works great.
Thanks again to everyone

T

tconway

Loren Egland said:
Is this the one that my son in law had made to his needs? I think he said he had one made that had two 2.5 inch ports on one end and a single 2.5 inch on the onther end.
I saw Delta Steam soto answer your question yes Delta Dave ordered a 5 2 door model.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, the bag cleans easily. I only have to spray out the bag about once a week. The disposable filter bags catch almost all the junk.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We had one, but had a hard time finding filters. We used to get paint strainers from Home Depot and they quit carrying them in Wichita Falls. I sold the previous owner his old van and let him have that filter. Now that it has a cleanable filter, I WANT ONE!

amygeorge

hogjowl

Idiot™
Amy ... have Chavez get in touch with some of his family in your area. There surely is a painter in the bunch who can lead you to a hardware store with paint filters.

Delta Dave

Loren Egland said:

Yep 5 to the filter and 2.5 into the house. Tom was awesome to work with, I give the Devestator 5 stars.

The new ones look great Tom, I can see how you got rid of the extra unused space behind the filter bag.

Now that i've got about 4 months of use on the filter I can update you on how its working. First of all you have to understand I am an airflow freak and I am running 15 flow on my wand. With that said, I clean my filter after every 5-6 rooms and keep in mind that I pre vac like a crazy man. One reason I clean the filter so often is because it is so D*mn easy! If anyone has bought one of these and doesnt clean it out like Tom shows, your missin out. I reach in and grab the wad at the bottom of the filter every job or so and I've only used 2 of the white pre filters and they are both still in great shape. I would never ever go back to the parallel poolys . . . Ever.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Delta-Ste ... =1&theater

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom