Devastator Wand Glide

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not calling anyone stupid, they make me frustrated, as we have tried to get everything online so that guys can just go order it, without needing to talk to me.
I will give this guy a little slack only because there is NO picture of the 12 glide.
This is the other thing that none of you seem to understand
9 Xs outta 10 when I get on the phone with someone I answer all the questions, explain what the best glide,flow, and such..... this is what happens....
BRO, BRO, BRO, DUDE, MAN, are you having any specials, or will you take 300.00 off, or will you send a extra hole glide, or can you send the wand now and I will pay you in six months??
The questions for freebies is almost as much as what is best, I swear it never fails....I wonder if Saphire takes calls on Sunday at dinner time.

You left out Epic.

Reactions: TConway

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That’s why Tom should have distribution and vendors. If customers can hold it in their hand they are more likely to buy it. Very few people can visualize the benefit from a picture or internet banter. So, unless Tom decides to turn that corner, the conversations with stupid people will continue.
That is a double edged sword. Tom wants to keep the price realistic and make a profit at the same time. When you get the distributors, they expect a $1500 wand for $500. Then they get a shitty dang wand in stock with higher profit margins. Which one do you think they push? Most distributors push what would make the most money. Not whats best in the real world.
Not saying all, but most.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I needed something for my Devastator today. Messaged him on Facebook and a couple minutes later he contacted me...even though he was on a Cleaning job.
Part I needed has been shipped...same day.
I don't have any trouble contacting Tom and I never have.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay Guys,
I'm gonna share a little info. You all think you know what I need, I need sales reps, I need to get my costs down, I need to answer my phone.

I dont need sales reps, the customers I have have been out of this world, so much so I'm offen out of stock. You tell me WHAT salesman you know of that has more knowledge of carpet cleaning than a actual carpet cleaner that is hands on with the product in discussion??? (AND PLEASE DONT SAY LARRY COBB) If I had 100 sales/distributors the fact of the matter is there is only one stud to service you all, so MORE salesman IS NOT what I need.
I need to get my costs down.....I have worked hard to get to the point that I am at today with the 14" wand. If any of you really understood wtf is going on you wouldn't say the things that you do.
I could compete with Tony, Joe, Rob the guys that sell my knocked off wand.....what you all don't understand is that IF I DO THAT, all doors will be forever closed to ANY future distributor / sales reps.
Oh and of course Mike is calling me right now as I write and then sends a text saying oh what now your phone is broke I bet....no butthole I am posting something on your forum. LOL.
I am working on getting the 12" moved over to help with better production, I am still continuing to work with PMF they are a USofA business and I think it is best for me to stay with them.
I am doing pretty dam good considering I have been selling products for over Ten years and I have a handful of complaints, you cant make everyone happy no matter how hard you try, so it is only natural for some of this to come up, and as much as I dont like it, I know how much energy, time, sweat, and tears I have given and to my products for this industry....if that isn't enough well go buy a Tony dang wand, or a rc99 filter, that is what they are here for, one man can not take care of everyone.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Okay Guys,
I'm gonna share a little info. You all think you know what I need, I need sales reps, I need to get my costs down, I need to answer my phone.

I dont need sales reps, the customers I have have been out of this world, so much so I'm offen out of stock. You tell me WHAT salesman you know of that has more knowledge of carpet cleaning than a actual carpet cleaner that is hands on with the product in discussion??? (AND PLEASE DONT SAY LARRY COBB) If I had 100 sales/distributors the fact of the matter is there is only one stud to service you all, so MORE salesman IS NOT what I need.
I need to get my costs down.....I have worked hard to get to the point that I am at today with the 14" wand. If any of you really understood wtf is going on you wouldn't say the things that you do.
I could compete with Tony, Joe, Rob the guys that sell my knocked off wand.....what you all don't understand is that IF I DO THAT, all doors will be forever closed to ANY future distributor / sales reps.
Oh and of course Mike is calling me right now as I write and then sends a text saying oh what now your phone is broke I bet....no butthole I am posting something on your forum. LOL.
I am working on getting the 12" moved over to help with better production, I am still continuing to work with PMF they are a USofA business and I think it is best for me to stay with them.
I am doing pretty dam good considering I have been selling products for over Ten years and I have a handful of complaints, you cant make everyone happy no matter how hard you try, so it is only natural for some of this to come up, and as much as I dont like it, I know how much energy, time, sweat, and tears I have given and to my products for this industry....if that isn't enough well go buy a Tony dang wand, or a rc99 filter, that is what they are here for, one man can not take care of everyone.
The back of my new wand is different from the old one. WTF.

KSL

Name
Kent
Okay Guys,

Tom,

Keep doing what your doing(love your products) , as for the rest of us. We might want to be reminded that:
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting. ...

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think the lesson is if you act like a dk...then it might take longer. :eekk:
Maybe thats what happened with my Nechville Banjo order. I just got an email it may take months to fill since they are all custom made to order. I can’t imagine how many calls Tom Nechville must get everyday from musicians.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The back of my new wand is different from the old one. WTF.
This is the part of moving the head from one machinist to the next, and why it is so costly and such a PITA. No matter how hard you try there will always be slight differences that can not be avoided.
I have not been able to keep enough wands in stock. My friend and local machinist was only able to make 12 heads at a time when we first started and it was clearly evident that we needed to find another company to help, and my buddy was eager for us to do so, he still makes our swivels to this day.
Mike told me I should talk with PMF and we did, they have been a huge help in many ways, but with that move some things slightly changed and a new glide needed to be made as my local buddy's glides didn't fit the same......THIS IS NORMAL it isn't any ones fault, it happens with change.
PMF was able to make more heads and has helped us get to where we are today, the bottom line is the head takes a ton of time to machine, and PMF's machine is already working overtime, the demand for the wand has grown enough that we decided to make another move and I went in debt again to do so.....the black Friday sale was really needed to help me pay back some of this debt.
We will continue to get our parts from PMF and our new Fabricator is also in the US will do the heads.

My son works at the shop where the heads are done now, well he did till he decided he should clean carpets too. I am super excited as our tools continue to move forward and we grow with them, I am even more excited to have surplus heads and parts sitting on the shelf ready for pre assembly so I can get ahead and get wands out much faster, this is the evolution of the Devastator Wand.

Thank you to ALL that have supported us I am honestly really trying my best to BE the BEST for you guys

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom