Did I just really break that.....

Name
I'm Rick James
At my first job today.. things going great. This is a referral from a referral job and as I set up the last air mover in the LR, I made extra care with the airmover in this room because there was a bird, 90 inch projection screen and other potential issues a wild airmover can do.

So I think I have it set up fine, turn it on and it all happened in slow motion.. The projection screen which was barley mounted on the wall comes off, which sends the corner in the shelf, which in turn knocks off two items..

The first one is a one of a kind 30 year old art figure.. no way to replace it.

and the other was his sons black belt award from 20 years ago that he holds dear..

Been doing this almost 14 years, cleaned well over 10,000 homes and businesses, never once have I had something like this happen. The worst I broke was a lamp. I talked to him and much to my surprise he was very cool about it. He said knocking some cash off the bill would be cool, which I did. Lucky the art piece he wasnt fond of anymore and the said super glue with fix the award..

I still felt like the ass of the day..

Anyways thats how my day started out..

Able 1

Name
Keith
:shock: I bet you were using a "snail" type fan? That is the only time I ever blew something off a wall... :oops: The airpath is much safer and drys the room more evenly, though I don't use either on most jobs, and my dry times are still great. Thing is if you just take slower dry passes there is no need to drag around the fans. When your competition leaves them wet for 10 hours(or 3 days in your case) and you dry them in 4-6 wgas... Fans might be a good thing to do for show, but in the end a waste of time and effort, if you ask me.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
At least it was not something under you direct control like the lamp I lifted into a ceiling fan last week.

Mike Draper

Able 1 said:
:shock: I bet you were using a "snail" type fan? That is the only time I ever blew something off a wall... :oops: The airpath is much safer and drys the room more evenly, though I don't use either on most jobs, and my dry times are still great. Thing is if you just take slower dry passes there is no need to drag around the fans. When your competition leaves them wet for 10 hours(or 3 days in your case) and you dry them in 4-6 wgas... Fans might be a good thing to do for show, but in the end a waste of time and effort, if you ask me.

Unless you want most of the carpet dry by the time you leave. 8)

Becker

Name
Becker
Brent,

One question.

And please be honest.

After all this is Mikeysboard..

You offered the story.

Well all read it.

Mikey bumps liars and cheats.. So come on man.. Just be 100% honest.

Lie to me and you get the smallest rib eye next BBQ, and warm beer.

So just a question.

You are among peers..

So here it is.

DID YOU SHIT YOURSELF?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Don

Sucks Brent~ we have one that we screwed up, and made infinitely worse trying to fix it with in house people instead of contracting it out. Now things in the home are much worse and we have to turn it over to our insurance carrier. Sucks man, but glad you got through your situation without too much cost/effort.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had one of my techs take out the thin brick wall between 2 garage doors.

He bumped it just enough that it have to be replaced. That was about the worse.

Did have a client that had one spot from a leg not being padded by an other tech and the client took me to court to get his entire basement carpet replaced.

The guy wouldn't let my company (or anybody) back in to repair the damage.

Some how that small spot cost me $900 and court fees.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Dave,

I would have fought that guy in court.. he at least owes you the opportunity to try and correct that problem! My entire defense in court would be that he never allowed you back to try and fix it.

I would never go to court if there was a chance I could lose!! I prefer to figure out a way to handle it before it gets that far.

Name
I'm Rick James
Becker said:
Brent,

One question.

And please be honest.

You offered the story.

Well all read it.

So just a question.

You are among peers..

So here it is.

DID YOU SHIT YOURSELF?

When I heard one of a kind and his sons sentimental award i think there was a little sh-art..

You always wonder how something like this would go down.. what happens if something dramatic like this happens. No one can really prepare you for it.. I got off beyond lucky, maybe because he saw I was sincere in my apology. He did say not to worry that he will use me again... whewwww.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Becker,
LOL!

Guys just trying to do the best he can - going the extra mile, using fan and BAM flipping TV falls off the wall! WTF?

Yea, I would have shit my pants!

Becker

Name
Becker
I(heart)DryTimes said:
Becker said:
Brent,

One question.

And please be honest.

You offered the story.

Well all read it.

So just a question.

You are among peers..

So here it is.

DID YOU SHIT YOURSELF?

When I heard one of a kind and his sons sentimental award i think there was a little sh-art..

You always wonder how something like this would go down.. what happens if something dramatic like this happens. No one can really prepare you for it.. I got off beyond lucky, maybe because he saw I was sincere in my apology. He did say not to worry that he will use me again... whewwww.

Yeah he owns you now.. :lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was once sliding out a stove tp access a 220 outlet and shattered the oven glass on to a shinny wood floor. It was in a vacant house . the realtor went bonkers

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Had a tech that tried unsuccessfully to wheel a Drizair 2400 down a flight of steps by himself. He made it two steps and slipped on the carpet, let go of the unit to catch himself.

The Drizair 2400 flipped twice on it's way down and crashed through the drywall at the bottom of the stairs. :shock:

They stood it up, turned it on and it worked, undamaged by the ordeal. The wall didn't do as well, $300.00 in repairs and paint. That's not counting the embarrassment of causing the damage. thathurts

Back
Top Bottom