Diesel truckmount

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
ProChem Apex also comes with a Kubota diesel engine, which is a very hardy engine.

As far as which is the best?

Don't know and neither do most of the ones who claim they do.

Long ago I suggested that we'll compile here an ongoing report (data) on which machines come back frequently to be repaired. That for me is the most important info regarding the quality of any machine.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't know if it is still true, however, they used to say: Don't buy a slide in from HydraMaster and don't buy a power take off from ProChem.

But then it could also be that I am old and about 15 years behind the times.

As Bob (Dylan, not Vawter) has said: "The times they are a changing."

Take it away, Bob. :p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL
Ofer I've heard that before too and I would agree on Prochem and they must also since they let Cleanco build their PTO's.

I've owned the CDS's and many years ago the slide in's from Hydramaster and I'd have to say that was true at the time also. I don't believe it is still the case, but I'd check around with owners of that model, just in case. :mrgreen:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I remember seeing an awesome diesel powered machine by Powerclean in Australia a few years back - maybe they're in the USA as well?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Can't speak for any other TM, but I have 3 Apex units. The hx's need pulled every 500 and cleaned, plan for blower belts every 500-800 hrs, so far not a single bolt turned elsewhere to mention.

PM me if you have any specific ?s

Chris A

Name
Chris
Cameron1 said:
We been happy with our big diesel from TCS

That's it. C'mon, I asked you about that thing MONTHS ago! Hows the fuel, vac, heat, any hiccups, how many hours, whats your favorite type of sandwich? Details man, DETAILS!!! shiteatinggrin

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Heathrow said:
I remember seeing an awesome diesel powered machine by Powerclean in Australia a few years back - maybe they're in the USA as well?

Les Judson just rebuilt a PowerClean Genesis diesel. He changed out the HX units for propane burners. I don't think diesel units put out enough exhaust heat for an HX machine.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
One thing I remembered today, IF you're going to run a diesel slidein, keep excellent maintenance on the exhaust gaskets and keep good ventilation. Get an exhaust leak and everything in your truck will be "bllllack"!! Ask me how I know.

I think a diesel HX would keep up for carpet cleaning but not pressure washing. Depends on its design. I had my Big Red set up for a liquid HX and it got hot! Add an exhaust hx to it, it would be all you'd need. Don't think you'd get the superheat out of it but sustained 220-240 should be attainable.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ron Werner said:
One thing I remembered today, IF you're going to run a diesel slidein, keep excellent maintenance on the exhaust gaskets and keep good ventilation. Get an exhaust leak and everything in your truck will be "bllllack"!! Ask me how I know.

I think a diesel HX would keep up for carpet cleaning but not pressure washing. Depends on its design. I had my Big Red set up for a liquid HX and it got hot! Add an exhaust hx to it, it would be all you'd need. Don't think you'd get the superheat out of it but sustained 220-240 should be attainable.

Ron....I doubt if Les's Genesis diesel was ever set up right. If the diverter valve wasn't functioning, it ain't gonna get hot. Maybe just because the diesel is such a strong runner, not even the 59 blower and HX's could load the machine down enough to get it running hot. Now as for my gas Genesis, it get's HOT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom