Different reviews to Google place page

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've got a buncha reviews on AngieList and Yelp. Does google automaticly place them on my google place page or is this something I have to do?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
none of them have showed up starting back in Sept of last year. I have 9 5 star reviews from Yelp, I wish they were there. I get good reviews on Yelp.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bee Busy said:
I have 9 5 star reviews from Yelp, I wish they were there. I get good reviews on Yelp.

You might as well be wishing for a unicorn.
Google and Yelp are bitter rivals and they don't play well together.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Angie's list reviews don't show up on Google either. I assume because of Angie's list reviews being subscription only. Which just figures because I have two outstanding reviews one on Angie's list and one on linkedin and neither show up on Google.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Albert Lazo said:
See if your company profiles are the same on yelp and google places.

This is a big deal Bill.

They have to have the exact same name and address down to the punctuation marks.

Yelp will show up in Google on it's own sometimes under the locals but you won't see there reviews show to much on the Places page.

Try to get reviews on Yahoo, City Search and Judys Book.

Angies list will show in "more about this place" but won't show the reviews in Google places because it's password protected.

Hope this helps.

I like Yelp reviews because when they DO show up under the locals...they will have the pretty yellow stars that stand out.

So try to get an even amount of reviews on all those sites.....I know it's a pain but whattyagonnado.

The one suggestion (that I don't really follow myself) is to get the reviews everywhere else EXCEPT Google so when Google updates and drops all their reviews...it won't hurt as much.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
[quote="Albert Lazo":320meqr4]See if your company profiles are the same on yelp and google places.

This is a big deal Bill.

They have to have the exact same name and address down to the punctuation marks.

Yelp will show up in Google on it's own sometimes under the locals but you won't see there reviews show to much on the Places page.

Try to get reviews on Yahoo, City Search and Judys Book.

Angies list will show in "more about this place" but won't show the reviews in Google places because it's password protected.

Hope this helps.

I like Yelp reviews because when they DO show up under the locals...they will have the pretty yellow stars that stand out.

So try to get an even amount of reviews on all those sites.....I know it's a pain but whattyagonnado.

The one suggestion (that I don't really follow myself) is to get the reviews everywhere else EXCEPT Google so when Google updates and drops all their reviews...it won't hurt as much.[/quote:320meqr4]
What Albert says makes sense because the Yelp address is in Folsom and the Google Listings in Citrus Heights. The Angie'sList thing pisses me off me because we all know those are as authentic as it gets for reviews. I've got 7 I think....all A's.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Those Angie's List reviews still help....you just don't get to see the actual review.

Probably because of all the personal info that goes with those reviews as well.

Yeah, Bill if you can change all your addresses to one address you will be better off as far as the "scraping" goes.

But You might be losing out on an area that you want to be in too.

Hard to say which is more important.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Does anyone know if Facebook reviews get scraped by Google or do they get any visibility besides if someone happens to go to my page?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Facebook pages will show up in Google searches but they are seldom on page 1

Google places won't scrape any FB reviews because FB doesn't have review area for businesses that I know of.

When the fan pages end up with a designated review area...I could see Google scraping it.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
Those Angie's List reviews still help....you just don't get to see the actual review.

Yeah, Bill if you can change all your addresses to one address you will be better off as far as the "scraping" goes.

I have to choose between Syphillis Heights or Folsom? That's a tough choice Ivebeensold

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bee Busy said:
[quote="Brian R":cqrrnj5f]Those Angie's List reviews still help....you just don't get to see the actual review.

I have to choose between Syphillis Heights or Folsom? That's a tough choice Ivebeensold[/quote:cqrrnj5f]

LOL, that's what I was thinking. :lol:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Brian R said:
Facebook pages will show up in Google searches but they are seldom on page 1

Google places won't scrape any FB reviews because FB doesn't have review area for businesses that I know of.

When the fan pages end up with a designated review area...I could see Google scraping it.

My page has a review section. It has the wall, discussion, info, photos and review. Their is a link on the left of the page. I had a customer leave me a review there yesterday. I think she dinged me a star because she got voicemail when she first called to set up her cleaning.

I would prefer if I could have people use facebook because just about everyone has a facebook account so it saves them having to sign up for accounts elsewhere but if it won't get scraped by google I may not encourage it too much.

facebookreview.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow, nice Joey.

I haven't kept up on my Facebook page at all. I just went over and found a horrible review someone left for us. lol

I may have to get back into the facebook thing.

I wonder if Google will ever scrape the FB reviews.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom