direct drive vs. slide in tm

Bjorn

bobs new old skool tecknologhy

stick11.jpg

Mike Draper

Ken Snow said:
Just to let you know Mike, Butler has had their high heat option for 6-7 years now and can easily maintain into the 220's.

At the machine. I had the high heat option as well and thermometers on all my tools.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Ken Snow":18alp4h7]Just to let you know Mike, Butler has had their high heat option for 6-7 years now and can easily maintain into the 220's.

At the machine. I had the high heat option as well and thermometers on all my tools.[/quote:18alp4h7]

What year Butler did you have?

Mike Draper

99, however I did purchase a butler blower hx from somebody elsewho didn't like the extra heat. My butler was modified in every concievable way to produce themost heat possible.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:
99, however I did purchase a butler blower hx from somebody elsewho didn't like the extra heat. My butler was modified in every concievable way to produce themost heat possible.

The Butler high heat option is intended for use in 2003 or newer vans and can not be retrofitted into a system that wasn't originally equipped with it. There are many other changes that need to be incorporated for the high heat set-up to work properly. Just adding the aux. heat exchanger would not give you the proper set-up and would be the reason why you didn't experience the highest heat possible.

Mike Draper

Thanks, but your statment is wrong, and don't expect butler to tell u the truth on this one. The only other change was electronic rpm control indtead of pods. And yes, I did modify tha area as well as a radiator with temp control to keep up with butlers changes.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:
Thanks, but your statment is wrong, and don't expect butler to tell u the truth on this one. The only other change was electronic rpm control indtead of pods. And yes, I did modify tha area as well as a radiator with temp control to keep up with butlers changes.

The electronic rpm control was incorporated in 2007 because of the use of "fly-by-wire" throttle control on the van itself. It would be impossible to have a 1999 with electronic rpm control.

Mike Draper

Doesn't matter what u think is impossible or not, the butler will not hold 200 at the wand year round no matter how new it is. Te butler is a great machine, simple, dependable and easy for chimps to operate. But its not going to give u scalding temps a the wand. Please prove me incorrect.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mike Draper said:
Doesn't matter what u think is impossible or not, the butler will not hold 200 at the wand year round no matter how new it is. Te butler is a great machine, simple, dependable and easy for chimps to operate. But its not going to give u scalding temps a the wand. Please prove me incorrect.

99 Butler. LOL.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My 09 CDS Salsa holds 210 atm all year at .09 flow, don't know what it is at the wand because I don't care enough to look into it...

Mike Draper

Art, does your aluminum tank White magic have pre-heated water and a custom exhaust HX that we deliver 270 deg like my butler did? I'm sure it didnt...lol. It was my 1st truck though, and I've moved on to better things.

Chris A

Name
Chris
So 270 at the machine and less than 200 at the wand? Why would a different machine be any different then? All other things being equal, wouldn't the heat loss be the same?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've run an old Slide in and a new one. Nice thing is "I" do the repair work short of engine tuneup or specialized needs.
My friend has a Cleanco 4.7, turn the key, flip the switch, and it runs great.
I think a slide in is easier to modify when changes come down.

One pro/con is having the extra engine.
Con from the point of view that its another engine to maintain
Pro from the pov that if the TM goes down you can still drive it home. Plus you've not got a big block engine revving away.

Both squirt and suck. You just have to determine who will be doing the maintenance. If its you, find something you can work on. If its the dealer, you'll need to look at what they are qualified to work on.

Mike Draper

Chris Adkins said:
So 270 at the machine and less than 200 at the wand? Why would a different machine be any different then? All other things being equal, wouldn't the heat loss be the same?

I was referring to a stock butler. After I modified mine with custom Hx's, it was much hotter.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Any Butler owner I have talked to who has 2005 or newer Butlers with the high heat option are getting constant 240F (or even a little higher at times) at the truck even in sub zero winters. They also are running higher flow wands. I don't have a Butler, but I can run 280F all day if I wanted too. However, I find 220F at the wand is the sweet spot. With Parflex, I only lose 20F over 150 ft running jets with a total of 10 flow at 500 PSI. So a newer Butler should be able to do the same.

Mike Draper

To bad they dont have a temp guage on their wands to see that they are not really getting very hot temps and that to get decent temps it takes at least 15 minutes. If its below 20 degrees than forget about getting jack for temps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom