DIY mounting a prochem Blazer XL - Suggestions?

Ryan

There where three of us installing mine. I should have said that. 8 Bolts. Took us 30 min. It hasn't fell out yet.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ryan said:
There where three of us installing mine. I should have said that. 8 Bolts. Took us 30 min. It hasn't fell out yet.

umm Ryan... thats an hour and a half. 8 Bolts= 2 hours on a qoute and you beat that by 30 minutes which is about where we are How long did it take you to do the fuel tap,run the lines and bulk heads?

Ryan

No fuel tap on a Steam Action Nike series, there is a fuel tank mounted on the engine. The bulkhead was already in my van since I bought it used. I've since taken it out though and moved the waste tank right behind my seats where the bulkhead used to sit.

I wasn't really trying to get into an argument with you guys over the amount of time it takes. I was just trying to communicate that it isn't hard at all. Even if it took me 6 hours I would have done it to save $1200.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've done all my own installs but the first. it took me most if not all of the day to get it done. i measure all bolt locations and then transfer to the bottom to make sure i don't hit anything. you also need room for the bottom plates. .25 1 x 3 steel rectangles, they are mandatory if you don't want it ripping loose in a wreck. all bolt holes are sealed with polyurethane and loctite. i also use large stainless bolts. it isn't technical but lots can go wrong if not done right. in the end you have to be honest with your own skills.

gene

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
NO SHIT!! If you want to do it right, its gonna take a number of hours or days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom