DIY website design?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been thinking of joining the twentieth century.

I like to try to do things myself.

Anybody know of a good easy DIY website program?

Much obliged.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Depends, if you just want a website, or do you want a sales/ marketing tool? Wordpress are the best IMO. I had a homemade one for awhile and eventually a pro in our industry build me a professional site that actually ranked and sells. Huge difference! Not the typical ripoff either. $600 or so for a complete site I believe. Can't say enough about the difference.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
You need to build yourself a wordpress site to be relevent with todays SEO transitions with panda etc. Rankings are heavily waited on content etc and the wordpress base allows for you to update your site consistantly with updated data which will bring google bots to your site more frequently thus giving you higher and more relevant rankings.

If you want something really dialed and current let me know ;)

highsteam

Name
Alberto
Wordpress is relatively DIY. Just pick a good theme that adjusts to your project needs and start creating. Tons of tutorials over the net. What you will need is a good graphic designer for logo and pics effects or so..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Johnny said:

Much obliged.

20th Century was a while back.....quite a while.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Lee Stockwell said:
Johnny said:

Much obliged.

20th Century was a while back.....quite a while.

You caught that! The Twentieth Century is far enough for me.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Yahoo site builder is very easy. I'm surprised more Gurus haven't told you to have it done by a pro. My site is nothing fancy, but ranks high in my target areas and makes me tons of money.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
dmirf1@msn.com said:
Jim,
Nice site but you should update you specials.

Thanks, I have been meaning to update the specials page, just have been busy. I kind of forget about it until business slows down. Guess I could run a special upselling upholstery cleaning in the summer to increase my ticket.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use Yahoo site builder for all my sites. Fairly limited but suits my needs. As a carpet cleaning company you don't need over the top graphics and crazy stuff going on.

SEO can be done on any site. I don't know how true the whole wordpress thing is....Not saying it's not... I really don't know.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
depends on how much time and money you have. If you have the time and ability, there are free softwares and some reasonably priced that do a good job (Sitespinner Pro is fairly easy to use). I've seen some nice sites off Wordpress, but its a learning curve as I had a hec of a time just trying to get a picture correctly formatted to fit.

If you have the money, is it Fred? that has started doing sites? Good job too!
Andrechelle does good work.
You may be able to find someone local to you who you can trade with. I got my first site that way.

The rest is all Search engine optimization. Keep content relevant, good key words used in your copy.
Get a bunch of us to click on the link LIKE!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I had a friend ask me the same thing about carpet cleaning. He asked if a rug doctor did a good job. I told him that with a few million square feet of carpets cleaned that I knew a little something about getting carpets clean.

The point I am trying to make is to have someone really really good do your website. It will make you much more money in the long run.

If your lucky enough get the guy that does mine. he is good and imo way to cheap

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The main thing with website design is know your customer.... You may know carpet cleaning...But do you know your customer? He may know web design..But does he know your customer?

You've got a nice looking site Dread.

Did you have a hand in the design or was it all the web guy?

nerdwithme

I do not have a whole lot of experience with website building sites like Wix, but from what i've seen, Wix is the most popular at the moment. Its a flashed based tool that gives you a 'what you see is what you get' approach to DIY websites.

Another route would be to barter your services from a local professional website building. For example, back when i was a front desk person at interlink VA BEACH, I ran into these guys http://albemarlecarpet.com/ and http://www.abirestorations.com/index.php . They got those websites by trading their services for web work. the Albermarle site is built off wordpress from what i can remember. So that is one option.

Another is to find a local college that has a web development program and see if you can have your site built as a 'project'. Most programmers are required to do one or two real world websites as a graduation requirement. You would be working with a professor and a student to create a website for you. Results may vary.

Also, shop around town for a web studio that best fits the size of your business and what you can afford. You can always find a few shops and send me an email digitaldwr@gmail.com with a link to their work and I can tell if they really know their stuff or not.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Until today i was gonna invest in a partial van wrap. Instead i'm just gonna replace some vinyl lettering that's peeling and put that leftover $ into a professionally made site. Great thread!

I wish Fred was available.

Dread, who is your site guru?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Re: website design in bhubaneswar

alphaconfig said:
Here is the most exiting moment for us that Alphaconfig Solution is rocking.this is a very reputed web designing company in bhubaneswar.this company provides a variety of services to the client as per their requirement.

Can I get curry and rice with that ???

MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TomKing

Call Joe at carpetcleaningwebsites.net he does awesome work. Do not try to do this yourself for the cost your time is worth more.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Some of these so-called "great web site builders" could do with a course in diction and simplicity.

Here some examples from one web site in different areas:

Teams provide a unique and refreshing approach to the new orleans carpet cleaning

We always offers a unique and refreshing approach to cleaning commercial carpets.

We understands you cherish your New Orleans area rugs and thats why we use the most meticulous methods to make sure we clean your beautiful works of art the most efficient and safest way.

Our trucks carry a wide verity of pre-conditioners and the tools needed to perform the proper cleaning.

The problem with many intumesce companies is not that they have bad intentions, merely that they become uninvolved.

NOTE: For those (like me) that don't know that word...............

in•tu•mesce

1. To swell or expand; enlarge.
2. To bubble up, especially from the effect of heating.

I firmly believe that good spelling, placing uppercase where appropriate, diction and not going overboard with too much information is a necessity to a good web site.

That's my 2.001 cents worth on this. J/K

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I provided many of the graphics and content to my website guy. As far as layout and seo that was all him. My web guy may or may not be available. Pm me and I will give you his contact information to ask him yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom