Do I just live in a different part of the country than you?

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys, I read alot of post's about uniforms, hats, tattoos on tech etc etc..
Now I live in the NYC area which included some of the most high end suburbs in the world. My self and my employee always look neat and well groomed. My Employee is 42 years old and he has full sleeve tattoos and looks like a bouncer at a club, but I get nothing but good reviews about him. I do not think they care about your hats, your uniforms your race or anything. I am convinced they only care about lowest price and best job for this low price. I have so many examples to prove my point here is one from last week. I went to a water damage job 89 yr old old lady Jewish. She would only talk to me through a wooden door. Would not let me in the house. Through the door she told me another company she called will charge her $500 off any quote. I had to hand her ,y cards through her mail box slot in her door. Then the other company pulled up when I left I stayed to watch. Two guys came out one black guy with a doo rag and another Spanish guy with corn row's , these guys looked like they were right off the street hoodlums. She let them right in the house because of that $500 off. 1 hour later she called me back begging me to go back and was apologizing to me up and down. I went back and felt she would be a problem customer and we walked away from the job. So my point of the story is put your energy towards your marketing materials, because even if you are a family man with a $5,000 a month mortgage and a great income and a loving family. Your customers look at you and your techs as nothing but a Janitor in their homes. You can trust me on this 5% of our customers think different. This is my opinion.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Re: Do I just live in a different part of the country than y

We are very fortunate not to live that life out here in the sticks.

John I feel for you, that's got to be tough!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I'd think that part of your challenge will be to increase the percentage of clients that do not view you as such.

It may be harder in some parts of the country than others. Yet I believe it is very possible.
It will take time, effort and patience on your side. The reward though will be well worth it.

hogjowl

Idiot™

I thank God every day that I still live in an area of the world where living and looking good still matters. You don't have to be beautiful, but down here, being neat and clean is still important. It's changing, we see more tats and doo-rags around town, but I still wouldn't hire any of them.

Eventually, we will be just as worldly as the rest of you heathens.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon

Well John it is New York but then again you do have a Super Bowl Champ and a lot of them have tats.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

This is how areas are different:

John's area- Strangers talk through a slot in the door and won't let you in.

My area- Strangers give me their garage code or leave a door unlocked and they leave a blank check on the counter for me to fill out.

I like my area better. Where people trust each other, crime is low, streets are clean etc...

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed

The first five years of my business I had long hair down to my arse, I looked clean but I had long hair, My business life got much easier when I cut my hair.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Do I just live in a different part of the country th

Dmreed4311 said:
The first five years of my business I had long hair down to my arse, I looked clean but I had long hair, My business life got much easier when I cut my hair.
Did the 70's call and ask for it back? :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Marty said:
I thank God every day that I still live in an area of the world where living and looking good still matters. You don't have to be beautiful, but down here, being neat and clean is still important. It's changing, we see more tats and doo-rags around town, but I still wouldn't hire any of them.

Eventually, we will be just as worldly as the rest of you heathens.

it helps when ya give out freebies......huh?
BONELESSPORKRECTOMS.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™

Chavez:
You are NOT welcome back to Alabama.

And I am not just speaking of the immigration law.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Hitting the Moonshine early are you?

THAT"S Bawb, now let back in Bama, I'm a tide fan! :x

hogjowl

Idiot™

Bawb's never been to my house. There is only one place he could have gotten that picture.

If you say War Eagle, I might let you back in.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Can't do it!

Joe Willy played for bama.

I forgot you gad-u-cated from Auburn. Sorry bout that! :p

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

people are finicky here about looks. my last tech caused me some grief because he gave people the creeps. hard worker and reliable but looked like a druggie. i got more then enough complaints. i finally let him go. the new guy is young well groomed and mannered. people really like him. great worker to boot. i got lucky all around. we still have price shoppers who get what and who they pay for but it's not my market.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom