Do Not Forget To Sign Up For Government Contract Opportunities!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Do not forget to become listed for government contracting opportunities, We have a couple hundred grand a year in government jobs {yes NYS has A LOT of govt}, pretty simple to do. Go to each town,village, county, state, fed, website and simply sign up. It is pretty tedious i agree but when the govt goes to a bid on a project the clerk pulls out the vendor list and calls on anyone on the list.

Our first year in business we signed up to over 50 different agencies and have brought in some nice revenue from it. Some are obscure and we are the only ones on there.

The good news is they are generally good payers, the bad news is they will keep you to your scope of services. You can expect someone to go around with a clipboard and inspect your work.

PS. Marty, this is marketing ...

Reactions: Derek and jcooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Isn't that just a truck load of paperwork?

We've never done any gubermint bidding but have been asked several times.

They send over a big ole thick book of spec's and some dip shit telling me how it should be cleaned and they want the the lowest bidder. :eekk:

umm....fuk-umm. :rockon:

Reactions: Mardie

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The Elementery School here is Carpeted, no lie. Very little VCTHey Doc,Them Chickens laying Golden eggs yet, lol

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
great info Shane. i recall the lengthy paper work, but i can try again.

which dept typically handles the approved vendor list? Clerk, Building Inspection, Planning & Zoning, ... ?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
great info Shane. i recall the lengthy paper work, but i can try again.

which dept typically handles the approved vendor list? Clerk, Building Inspection, Planning & Zoning, ... ?

Purchasing, if you go to main website they usually have a section for bid opportunities/vendors.

Most of the paperwork is nonsense and just scares people off.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
there is a site called bid sync.....

it has never had me listed right..i get screwy emails all the time from all over the country...

they sent an email wondering why i havent done anything with it and wanted to call me....that was 2 weeks ago...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
IIRC Bill, i think there are insurance minimums.

i think the main hang up for us was, we don't have employees so we legally don't need workers comp, but they (or at least some towns) required it.

Back
Top Bottom