Do they even make the "BIG" trucks anymore?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
meAt said:
they are a HUGE waste of money if the capacity can't be utilized at least 75% of the time

Bingo.

The first company I worked for in Utah bought a used V. It was a good investment considering the amount of work they do. They have multiple crews, running day and night, all four of their machines are run hard, and often, and they do dual wand with the V.

But then again they also had an Everest 650 HP in a box. We would dual wand with that as well, and in all honesty, we would split buildings, the V would clean half, and so would the Everest. I didn't notice any difference in dry times, how clean or much performance difference at the end of the wand. I will admit I think the V had a very slight edge on heat, but nothing that hurt what we were doing. We weren't cleaning nasty trashed restaurants, we were cleaning multi-level office buildings that were relatively clean.

We were knocking out 125-150k sq ft in one sitting with 4 trucks, for 20-28 hours(loved the overtime). It was great until I stupidly pointed to the owner he was losing his rear end, and we all got a huge pay cut. :|

Odin said:
yes you will see brand new aero techs out cleaning the finest Denny's and stores at the mall late nite

Already happening as you're well aware of T, and has been depending on your market for a while now. Cintas bought out a uniform company here in the Toledo area about 5 years ago called Van Dyne Crotty. We had cleaned their offices until the buy out, and they eventually waded us out.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Wasn't that long ago- maybe a few weeks- when I saw the first cintas AT here at the golf course clubhouse where I live at.

I went by to look at the truck and it still looked pretty good. I'm sure it was one of the newer ones they got.

This reminds me...I should talk to the clubhouse folks to see what they are doing and how much and just to screw with cintas I will undercut them and get them out of there. I just need to make a drive along the fairway and I'm there so no big deal if I have a night time job- pretty close to home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom