do they still sell this sort of carpet pad?

Mikey P

Administrator
thumbnail.aspx

dealing with some like this only blue and it has a tissue like "membrane" glued to the top..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That's the good stuff! have that under my olefin berber....has lasted 2o years worth of kids and pets.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Some rubber pads will not set off a 2 pin moisture meter, is this one of them?

Lady swears she smells urine but I dont and my dri eaz meter can find nothing.

Connor

Name
Connor
The smell is absorbed into the pad. Nanananananananananaaaasty.

Did you give it a sniff test?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd think the rubber if urine contaminated would set off the meter, at the very least the subfloor or concrete. I suppose it could fool the pins if you hit the bubble which would be an air pocket. ???

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I don't know where you would find that pad anymore. we put in some of it when I worked for another company. that was over 10 years ago. it sucked as it was really heavy. also much of it was based out of clay and had to be swept up rather than pulled up. I would just try to find something similar like maybe a, ummmm I dunno there is nothing that will compare. maybe she can be talked into accepting a differnence.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We use LP exclusively unless someone requests bonded. But again like Luis aluded to, it would have to be custom made and I wouldn't be surprised if the molds were destoryed.. If she smells urine I'd agree.. replace pad anyways. The older waffle rubber pads like this did have a lot of clay content and would absorb urine pretty easily..

S

sam miller

Crap turns to dust af falls apart after a while but so does most pad!

John Buxton

Yes Mikey,

My carpet store is selling this pad now. I had a water job that I knew there was water but because it is so dense it wouldn't set off my moisture meter. I had to pull back the carpet until I hit dry. Took the pad home and dried it out and put it back. This new stuff wont break down like the old stuff did and will probably outlast the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom