Do you boost your prespray?

I boost..

• Almost always.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when needed for heavy grease, urine or pet spots

• My name is Mort and I have not fully grasped this concept of boosting yet, tell me more.

• Total voters

LeeCory

Way back when I was a greenhorn I would find myself wanting to play chemist, and could make a good concoction like the best of em.

But in reality if you are spending time "boosting" it is very possible you are over thinking.

keep it simple silly

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We try to leave the chemists off the truck unless its for a specific reason. Heavily soiled carpet wouldn't be one of them.

It's easy to fall into a habit of throwing a little of this and a little of that especially when you employ Mort and his brothers.

If I were an owner operator that would be different, as you control what is being done out there.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
SP or peroxide when needed. Just a tad of Delimonene.......mainly to knock down the foam when mixing in the jug or for really bad traffic areas.

Greenie

We just brought in a pallet of Judson's 02 so my guys don't have to boost anything, adding stuff like CitraThis and OxyThat are just money out the window these days. I must say the current formulation is very well received, I don't want Les to change a thing.

Mark C

I almost always boost my prespray. I usually run UltraPac and a couple 2-4 scoops of power burst, aggitate via groomer or 175 and all-fiber rinse.
I tried the Judson system and sorry, but there is no comparison to my main stay prespray concoction. Judson even with the Hot sauce modifier was an extreme disappointment. I ran through my Judson juice as fast as I could to get back to what works best for me. Of course this is my own experience and yours may be different. I prefer to let my prespray and agitation do the majority of the work so that my acid rinse will be sufficient enough to leave the carpet as clean as possible with a neutral or close to it ph level.

DevilDog

I am not a hack. A well formulated pre-spray with just a bit of cleaning knowledge should be able to clean almost any carpet.

And when I say well formulated I am talking about SAFE yet effective cleaning agents.

Rich, that does not include Ultra Pac, Castrol Superclean, of Flex.

DevilDog

tim

Add4 scoops of powerburst as a boost to ultrapac? WOW! I use a little citrus on black traffic lanes and sometimes oxy. Bad ones get extreme clean with dirt chaser or energy. I let the chemistry do the work, not my back. Judsons did not clean as well as ultrapac (in my experience) but I just got the hot sauce so we will see. Still have 4 cases of Ultrapac to finish.

Stevea

I like to boost my cleaning solutions, pre-sprays and shampoo solutions, particularly with upholstery and area rugs. It seems to help bring out the hidden colors.

Here is an example of a cotton print sofa that I was asked to clean for a management company and they just wanted to get 'one more year' out of it. It wasn't really 'heavily soiled' but just more dull and lifeless.

uphbefore.jpg

Here it is after cleaning with a booster and lots of agitation and so on.......
The results got me a lot of work from this management company.

uphafter.jpg

What I like is the way colors seem to come out much better. Many times it seems as if something that is dull now has the old oxidized oils and soils removed and the light reflection brings out the colors that were simply hidden.

Just my opinion.

SA

Stevea

Thanks for the comments. It takes about as long as a normal cleaning for me. I always hand clean along with whatever I will flush it out with.

Good question Fred, I should have stated that already, Yes, it was dry, That photo was the next day. It can be amazing how much difference there is when the solutions have time to work and dry.

SA

Stevea

Lisa,

The pillows fit so well in my den area with the sofa I had then.

I then sold them on carpet cleaning since it now needed it.

SA

matt sheppard

on trashed carpet i will boost my extreme clean with energy, for urine i will use upt first and then prespray after. i've been using judsons 02 with the hot sauce this week and it seems to be working really well. i dont mess with H2O2 or NH3 in any of mt presprays.

btw steve that piece was beautiful , can i asked what you used on it. i can never get my faded stuff to look so good

matt

Greenie

damn, Mark you do know that JJ comes with a guarantee, Les will back the juice, you just have to speak up. Now my comments....Do you really clean everything with UP and PB....that is some super high pH stuff, that is the very stuff we are trying to get away from, the Butyls.
I'll ask Les to sell you a gallon of straight Butyl, we'll see if it cleans better?

Stevea

Hi Matt,

I use BP BoostAll and Buff All mixed with Fabric Shampoo. It is all neutral but very aggressive when mixed this way. I use this mixture to shampoo with.

I will also mix Boost All and Buff All in my Fabric Pre-Spray to boost it as well.

I like to have it as hot as possible so I will heat my water with a bucket heater. Then if I need to have more heat, I will use a vapor steamer after I extract. I will apply the solution again and work the vapor steamer over it, it will really accelerate the solution. This is great for fringe of rugs as well.
Here is a photo of a vapor steamer on a piece of upholstery.

First I apply the solution added to the pre-spray by hand shampooing
aptchair14.jpg

Then I will go over it again with the vapor steamer
aptchair15.jpg

This is how I get results that I like and most of my customers seem to like it also.

Yes Lisa, I know this is a different piece of upholstery but it is only for purposes to demonstrate how to apply and accelerate the solution.

Hope this makes sense Matt.

SA

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Greenie Ultrapak and JJ have about the same Ph 9.9 JJ and 10.0 Ultrapak.

I have used both and currently use JJ. Prochem all fiber is around a 4.0 and JJ Allfiber is around 7.0. So his combo (if your into Ph) would leave the carpet closer to neutral. Now the butyls that is whole different story :lol:

Greenie

I hear ya, I know his site says 9.9 but I pH tested here, 9.5 or so, So I just use that as a reference, the UP may be a 10 but what is the PB?.

You are correct, the Butyl is more important than the pH.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
on occasion on some upholstery and rugs we use bp boost all, buff all in a hm natural orange, rinsed with clear water rinse to great success.
I think the great oz brought up the issue of residual damage from the boosters particularly in fringes.
Steve have you ever noticed any premature deterioration on any of the cotton material cleaned by this method?

Terry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I haven't used powerburst but my testing has shown(after cleaning) a lower Ph with the prochem UP and all fiber vs. JJ O2 but it is insignificant because it wasn't dry yet.

I have been satisfied with JJ but I was going to try JJ prespray with Prochem all fiber but JJ advertises it as a system. I have been disappointed in the rinse, I have rinsed about the same with water. That is why I am stuck now. I am working much harder and have been trying to get (green cleaner) cleaner. I didn't work this hard with my old formula. I think Judson has a great product and what I am thinking of doing is not prescrubbing Thursday and checking the results

Stevea

Terry,

No I have not. My understanding where most of the problem with fringe, at least on orientals that have a cotton foundation, has to do with the acid in peroxide, which a lot of cleaners use. This is used frequently and after awhile it will cause a dry rot type of condition.

I have never had a problem with this using Boost All and Buff All. When I have a really nasty fringe, I will use Boost All and Buff All and then rinse, apply again and accelerate it, on the fringe only, with heat. If I need to give it more boost, I will add 1/2 3% peroxide to 1/2 ammonia which causes a great acceleration and also neutralizes the acid in the peroxide. I only use this on really rough fringe. I am also very careful to keep it off of the wool fibers. Acid is what deteriorates cotton, it can take all of the alkalinity we can give it.
I will also leave it on for long periods before rinsing it off which seems to work well for me.

I have some rugs I have cleaned for years with no problems on the fringe from using Boost All and Buff All.

SA

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Steve,
Thanks for explaining your method and differentiating the harshness of the acid on the cotton fringes. I haven't tried the ( 1/2 3% peroxide to 1/2 ammonia) mix yet on the the bad ones but will when the occasion rises.

Terry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom