Do you boost your prespray?

I boost..

• Almost always.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when needed for heavy grease, urine or pet spots

• My name is Mort and I have not fully grasped this concept of boosting yet, tell me more.

• Total voters

Stevea

Terry,

Happy to help, it is just what works for me. It is also something to be careful with, alkalinity will accelerate an oxidizer and this can be pretty strong but works well. Just don't get it onto the wool fiber, while alkalinity will not hurt the cotton fiber it can damage severely the wool fiber.

SA

Mark C

Greenie said:
damn, Mark you do know that JJ comes with a guarantee, Les will back the juice, you just have to speak up. Now my comments....Do you really clean everything with UP and PB....that is some super high pH stuff, that is the very stuff we are trying to get away from, the Butyls.
I'll ask Les to sell you a gallon of straight Butyl, we'll see if it cleans better?

No Greenie, I don't clean "EVERYTHING" with UP and PB. Mostly rat nasties. My apologies for not clarifying. I use different products for different soil conditions and situations. Sometimes I use straight UltraPac diluted waaay down. A local janitorial house pre-spray or Olefin pre-clean for Olefin.

Just to clarify Ultrapac is VOC compliant and a Green Label product with a PH of what 10?? I'm sure there are more harsh solutions that one could be using.

So, as far as what "we are trying to get away from"
With all do respect, one issue would not be lesser cleaning results. This in no way is a slam on JJ. JJ definitely has it's place. I can see it as an effective system for lesser to moderately soiled situations. I'm looking to work smarter not harder and the ultrapac boosted with powerburst basically covers the majority of the soils that I am trying to emulsify prior to my extraction rinse.

At the end of the cleaning process, I am leaving the carpet at a neutral state with no residue by acid rinsing and achieving maximum effectiveness with my prespray solution. This is the system that works best for ME. Me being the key word here :)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Awesome work Steve. You bring new heights to uph. cleaning. I'd love to see you demo that for us sometime.

Questions. Does the steam ever cause any problems with the fabric (ripples, loose..ect)?. Is this the same method you use for synthetic as well. I'll read your posts again just in case I missed something.

Albert

Stevea

Thanks Albert, very kind comments.

As for its use, I can use it with anything that can take some water. I also use it to clean 'Dry Clean Only' materials such as drapes and I also use it on leather and many other types of items.
Here is an example of cleaning some rough aniline leather with the vapor steamer; one on right is before the left is after cleaning
leather.jpg

The material and fiber will determine if I use a towel, a screen or a brush which I will use if someone has left lines from their uph tool or if someone has not properly brushed out a natural velvet. This will allow me to realign the lay of the nap.

As with everything, try to test in an area out of the way to see if there will be a problem. I have had a lot of success with it for many years, great tool to have when needed.

We'll see if we can arrange to see it in action sometime soon.

Take care,
SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I think there a misunderstanding someone. Boost all ,buff all and shampoo are perfectly fine. Peroxide UN neutralized are a risk to fringe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom