Do you donate to fundraisers?

Mikey P

Administrator
We do quite often

Usually a voucher for a minimum charge service, so 300 to 400 ft.

Today we had a lady up in Tahoe use one for $125 (to help a realtor friend of mine to raise fund to send her tot to an out of state competition)

The job turned out to be $580 before the discount and lucky us, we got a $91 tip.

I love the tip feature on Square...

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
One of our clients has a daughter in a local charter school. We donate something for their Chinese auction every year and give $50 or $100 donations when clients ask us to sponsor their mission trips or charity golf outings or whatever. It’s important to give back to the community, even in small ways.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use to donate a gift certificate to a charity auction. Always worked out good. People bid close to the retail price. A lot of the people there were already my customers. They haven't done it for a few years now. The charity I do for carpet cleaners giving back, shout out to Willy for starting it, they giving me more work throughout the year. I am doing all of their offices on Friday. I give them $250-$300 worth of cleaning a year, they give me aprox $1000 back every year.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I give a dollar for dollar discount on cleaning to people who support a local veterans organization. Then I ask them (the organization and the donor) not to blab about it publicly.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I donate to local organizations that work to create a better community. One is called Brown Bag Food Project, believe I've mentioned them before. They're a food pantry but they do things like sell chocolate strawberries and have bake sales to raise extra money. A few years ago they were operating out of the founder's mom's garage and as of 3 months ago they're now in a 2,800 sq ft building. 2,100 of that is storage space, freezers, refrigerators, shelving etc.

They also help people with creating resumes and filling out job applications at their office. "We" paid for their hosting and such for the next 5 years and set up their website. Now college student volunteers that go to school for web dev maintain it. I formatted my previous laptop and donated it for their "Job Center" area. Sometimes life happens, you lose a job, get sick and can't work for a week, and most people in my town live paycheck to paycheck who don't qualify for any other help because they're just above the poverty line. Brown Bag doesn't have all of the red tape issues of state assistance but obviously they have to put limits on how many times a year they can help a family.

When I find things they need on sale I'll go buy some bulk and take my kiddo with me and we'll volunteer for an hour or two and help deliver food to those who need it. Some people like to shelter their children from things like that, I prefer to show him how well he has it. Since I've been taking him along, hes been taking better care of his belongings and he asks pretty regularly when "we can go help those nice people."

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom