Do you ever hire Illegals?

Mikey P

Administrator
to pull pad, move massive amounts of furniture, pull hoses :shock: , help you move or other non technical jobs?

I've hired some twice to help with house moves.

Horniest people I've ever met

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope never!

They have busted businesses here for hiring Illegals, negative publicity, name in the paper and on TV, not worth the risk.

When we need temps we hire through the Temp Agency's.

The best worker I ever had was a guy named Danny. He spoke great english, worked cheap, was drug free, had a gf and baby, and just wanted to work hard and make a living. I was training him for about two months, but he got deported. I was a little pissed to say the least.

I have a rental with illegals in it that pay me like clockwork, they work hard, and I have lots of respect for them.

Get over yourself dude. There are millions of illegals in Memphis alone. They pay rent and contribute immensely by spending their money in local businesses. They honestly do the jobs most Americans do not want to do. If I had an apartment complex they would get top priority on renting them. Why? Because they are not lazy bastards wanting a handout from the government. They just want to work and provide a decent living for their family. Plus I have noticed rich people like to hire illegals to be maids, do lawn work, etc. because it is cool. I can bet when I show up with an illegal and a couple of vacs Mrs Piff is going to instantly think these guys are fixing to work their ass off. Then she will start humming with joy and offer us cold tea and sandwiches.

I would much rather hire an illegal than a welfare dependant no good lazy mo fo that can't even speak clear english.
Of course I can hire a hard working legal person, but they are hard as hell to find.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I consider hiring illegals or renting to them just like cutting an AMERICAN TAXPAYER's throat.

And FOOK the ACLU too!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok,
These are blanket statement that just won't hold true as a whole

Good and bad in every community.
Illegals also get free health care yada yada.
Whether they contibute or not....illegal is illegal....with that said, let he who is without, cast the first stone.

The term "Illegal" can refer to so many situations. Many are here "Illegally" because they're family brought them as small children or infants. Now, they're stuck here.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't hire them. I'm just saying that you should try to understand their situation before you judge.

TimP

Many have papers and stuff and appear legal but still aren't legal. They pay taxes but will never get Social Security when they retire. Also if americans would do the jobs and work as hard as they do we wouldn't have illegals.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Two of my daughters-in-laws have Mexican heritage, fully legal but still face discrimination. My son in law has a green card, legally here from Canada. One son lives with his family in Nicaragua and can't legally work there yet, two years and counting.

To the best of our ability no one is breaking the law, there is always a way to do things legally.
Similar to the question "would you steal to buy milk for your baby?" Bogus question to see what it would take to make you steal. I raised five babies, and WORKED to feed them legally.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
An "undocumented worker" was in the package when I bought my business. Good man, with the business 10 years, married, mid 30's, owned a home, he had a purchased SS#. I offered to help him anyway I could to become a citizen. He refused to apply for citizenship, fearing the wrath of the INS. After 1 year I had to let him go. Not worth the risk. There are lots of fine Americans happy to have employment.

Cameron1

Horniest people I've ever met [/quote]

I would not know about that Mikey.......tell us more.

As far as workers,
I use them all the time, but not for carpet work. I usually grab two at a time for work around the mini/farm. For the most part they are some of the best workers I have ever seen.I do get a sorry one from time to time but realize that they have been here so long they get lazy.....like a lot of Americans

What really chaps my a$$ is the way this is being framed in todays world.It's turning out to be another civil rights issue following the same game plan used in the 60's. Trying to make everyone who wants the borders locked down as Racist. Most of us judge other people by their Character.....not where they came from.

Mikey.....where did that picture come from????

K

Kabluey

The pic above looks like my local home depot.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495EWvbrAJc4]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mini Farm? Just say it Steve.....it's ok to say it, I've seen "Gone with the Wind" I know what a Plantation is.

Mini Farm? You're just posing as a carpet cleaner to launder the Plantation money aren't you! :p

:mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="Brian R":32h9i4jq]Oh and you never ran a stop sign or anything?

Aight, smartazz....Federal laws...OK?

Besides, run a stop sign = get a ticket cause you broke the law.....why is it so hard anymore, for Americans, to abide and prosecute the laws? Maybe this thread should be moved to the Hanging Chad Room?[/quote:32h9i4jq]

Ok, you never fudged on a tax return? :mrgreen:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
danielc said:
The best worker I ever had was a guy named Danny. He spoke great english, worked cheap, was drug free, had a gf and baby, and just wanted to work hard and make a living. I was training him for about two months, but he got deported. I was a little pissed to say the least.

I have a rental with illegals in it that pay me like clockwork, they work hard, and I have lots of respect for them.

I fault people like you much more than I do the illegals themselves. I'll be very happy when we have laws with harsh penalties (that are enforced) against providing homes and jobs for people here illegally. Take aways the housing and jobs and the illegals will go home on there own.

On a side note a good friend of mind who immigrated from Mexico (legally) once told me he was going to pick up some wetbacks to dig the trenches for the sprinkler system he was installing at his home. Their pay.... a couple of cases of beer. Needless to say he was not very fond of people who took the short cut and came here illegally.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
joey895 said:
danielc said:

I fault people like you much more than I do the illegals themselves. I'll be very happy when we have laws with harsh penalties (that are enforced) against providing homes and jobs for people here illegally. Take aways the housing and jobs and the illegals will go home on there own.

On a side note a good friend of mind who immigrated from Mexico (legally) once told me he was going to pick up some "wetbacks" to dig the trenches for the sprinkler system he was installing at his home. Their pay.... a couple of cases of beer. Needless to say he was not very fond of people who took the short cut and came here illegally.

Cameron1

Doc Holliday said:
Mini Farm? Just say it Steve.....it's ok to say it, I've seen "Gone with the Wind" I know what a Plantation is.

Mini Farm? You're just posing as a carpet cleaner to launder the Plantation money aren't you! :p

:mrgreen:

...did you also see Deliverance....

Iseeru thathurts thathurts thathurts thathurts thathurts... then.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I love the "they do jobs that Americans won't do" saying.
You mean the jobs like framing houses and laying cement? Yea, there are so many Americans that won't do those jobs.

Scott Rogers

Charles Lyman said:
I love the "they do jobs that Americans won't do" saying.
You mean the jobs like framing houses and laying cement? Yea, there are so many Americans that won't do those jobs.
Add laying carpet, drywall, painting, janitorial,garbage man

Geeze these all used to be decent paying jobs. funny. Now that non illegals started to refuse to do them the pay scales on all of those jobs dropped. funny how that worked out.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And they will eventually DEVALUE all carpet cleaning prices.

But thanks again to all those distributers who continue to have classes taught in SPANISH.

I guess as AMERICAN citizens they evidently see no need to discourage future jobs here.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
No i don't employ illegal workers.

the policy on illegals is contradictory federal law often not enforced well and many states basically harbor illegals. one can be here illegally and get a drivers license in many states buy a house,car, all manor of insurance, open a bank account, operate a business in that persons name and get state and federal tax ID #, If they bring their kids they get state paid/ federally subsidized education most schools don't ask citizenship of children and if you have kids while here they are automatically citizens

what message are we really sending illegal immigrants

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom