Do you go in?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We arrive at a clients house and and young girl (neighbor) answer the door. She is around 13 or 14 years. Do you go in, wait for adult, or reschedule.
It does not happen often because of when we make the appointment will tell them we won't go clean with only a child at home. Adult or empty OK.
We left as is our policy, what do you think? I do trust my guys ( 2 man team ) but do not want to put themin a bad place.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I dont go in. The girl could say anything and you would be screwed. There isnt a judge in the world that would believe a carpet cleaner over a little girl.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We require a signed note and cellphone number for residential occupied.

Not so for empties, but even then we get a cellphone number and make contact if we aren't certain.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I try and avoid cleaning when a minor child will be the only one home, but sometimes it is the only way to get the cleaning done.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
We arrive at a clients house and and young girl (neighbor) answer the door. She is around 13 or 14 years.

...but she looked 18 your Honor!!
Seriously though, what if she's.. 15 or 16 but looks 20? Is that any better? Still a minor.
Do we have to ask to see a copy of their birth certificate to protect ourselves?

I think phone calls at a minimum are necessary, a signed note is even better but I don't think even that would stand up in court if some snot-nosed little B got her ego bruised and wanted to really screw with some Homer.

A guy in my neighborhood just recently was exonerated after about 15 yrs of being labeled a kid toucher when the girl finally fessed to making it all up.

Last edited:

steve_64

ive had kids answer the door and my first thought has been concern about getting paid not being accused of something i didnt do. ive had young girls left home with the check before and again i never worried about being accused of something i didnt do. maybe im naive but im not paranoid, except about getting paid for the work i do.
there are many things we could be accused of in this business. some of the crazy elderly ladies i have worked for or the alcoholics could just as easily accuse me of something. i was accused of stealing a wallet once by an alcoholic. i still clean the home and i got paid. i was ready to call the cops myself lol. i have a solid reputation around here and that accounts for a lot.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We do not go in. For most of my client it is a positive thing when told. My son is 14 and I do not ask him to deal with new contractors at my house. Maybe a delivery or someone who has done work for me in the past. First time contractor more than likely not. neighbors kid never.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom