Do you have a "Special" employee?

Mikey P

Administrator
No not a Corky, Bruce or 3 strikeTirone, I mean the type who actually loves cleaning and does all he can to learn all he can.
Borrows the trade rags from your office, hangs on the Boards, begs to go to CADs and IICRC classes and just wont leave you alone with questions that only Ron Werner would find interesting. And he soaks it in when off the clock!

As a Coit chimp it took years for me to pick up a ICS magazine for more than a minute. I started cleaning in 1988 and until I found the boards in 2000 I could not give a rat's arse about the hows and whys...

Now look at me...:eekk:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"had" one about 14 years ago.
worked with me for about 3 years .
best wingman i ever had ....we were like poetry in motion together , smooth as silk and wonderfully efficient..i didn't have to say anything ..he just intuitively knew what to do and how to it efficiently ..we were like two perfectly mated gears in a machine that didn't skip a beat
he had it all, eager to learn, great cleaner that cared about his work and the custy , good looks and great personality (everyone loved him) a pleasure to be around and not a afraid of hard work .

I met him while he was working "his program".
he had appx 8 months clean 'n sober under his belt and needed a job ..and i needed a man
it was great the first year or so, then he "fell off the wagon" ..he'd be out on an all night bender and when I stopped to pick him up in the morning, he'd be near shitfaced drunk/hungover

i tolerated his "on again/off again" benders for too long...and quite possibly enabled him by carrying him..but he had a wife and kid to support and I genuinely liked a cared for the dude ..AND when he was on the wagon, no one was better...by year two, he stated falling off the wagon with too much frequency and the benders became three day events where no one (including his wife) knew where the hell he was...so i finally had to cut him lose

Jason and I are still good friends ..he's finally worked thru most of personal problems and has been doing well for the last four-five years

..l.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yep- his name was Mikey too. We flew through jobs, got lots of tips. I nearly shit myself laughing when he went to the custy's door and the shocked dude spouted " You didn't sound black on the phone".

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No not a Corky, Bruce or 3 strikeTirone, I mean the type who actually loves cleaning and does all he can to learn all he can.
Borrows the trade rags from your office, hangs on the Boards, begs to go to CADs and IICRC classes and just wont leave you alone with questions that only Ron Werner would find interesting. And he soaks it in when off the clock!

As a Coit chimp it took years for me to pick up a ICS magazine for more than a minute. I started cleaning in 1988 and until I found the boards in 2000 I could not give a rat's arse about the hows and whys...

Now look at me...:eekk:

YES i can see quite a difference...........

th_CROSSDRESSERMIKEY.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope no super stars, a lot of great employees but most turn it off when they leave here.

Can't remember the last guy that wanted to gain knowledge for knowledges sake. Most of the hot dog, go getters that we get, want to gain it all in a week so they can be paid more. Those guys never last long here!

Name
Danny Strickland
MAtt Stepp!

tatt'ed up, long hair, smoked, drank and was a Cock Hound.

that boy got more requests and tips, but if he got off his med's, LOOK OUT!!! :(

that boy "hand vac'ed" empty apts, (picked up stuff that flew out from under the rotary or wand the vac missed) so i knew he'd go the extra mile in a residential.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No idea how many people we've "gone through" Mike, most don't leave unless we ask them to. Many are trying and learning new things all the time, bu as for after hours I doubt they take it hoke with them. They work long days/nights/weekends and probably want to be with their families and not think about cleaning. That is part of what makes them great employees.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I love this business and eat, sleep and drink it every day. But I am the owner. I would seriously wonder about an employeed that had no life outside this place.

I wonder about myself sometimes too ...

Like, what the heck would I do if I ever retired?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love this business and eat, sleep and drink it every day. But I am the owner. I would seriously wonder about an employeed that had no life outside this place.

I wonder about myself sometimes too ...

Like, what the heck would I do if I ever retired?
I always wonder about you. :icon_rolleyes:

You'd sleep and then maybe.....just maybe you wouldn't be such a grouch! :razz:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Chances are this guy will be your future competitor. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS We looked for the "sweet spot" in employees. Responsible, cheerful, hard working and dare I ask it... clean cut! But like Richard and Ken I really didn't expect (or even want) them to "take the job home with them". That was my job.

As my ex-business partner (who has since founded and now runs a 40 million dollar a year operation) once told me, "Steve, our employees will always be our biggest problem AND our greatest joy." As usual, Chris was right.

Last edited:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not a frickin chance, unless Dave Bidinger the manager in charge of getting all the work done day to day would want to. But I think he would have about as much use for that as getting a 2x4 to the head.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
"had" one about 14 years ago.
worked with me for about 3 years .
best wingman i ever had ....we were like poetry in motion together , smooth as silk and wonderfully efficient..i didn't have to say anything ..he just intuitively knew what to do and how to it efficiently ..we were like two perfectly mated gears in a machine that didn't skip a beat
he had it all, eager to learn, great cleaner that cared about his work and the custy , good looks and great personality (everyone loved him) a pleasure to be around and not a afraid of hard work .

I met him while he was working "his program".
he had appx 8 months clean 'n sober under his belt and needed a job ..and i needed a man
it was great the first year or so, then he "fell off the wagon" ..he'd be out on an all night bender and when I stopped to pick him up in the morning, he'd be near shitfaced drunk/hungover

i tolerated his "on again/off again" benders for too long...and quite possibly enabled him by carrying him..but he had a wife and kid to support and I genuinely liked a cared for the dude ..AND when he was on the wagon, no one was better...by year two, he stated falling off the wagon with too much frequency and the benders became three day events where no one (including his wife) knew where the hell he was...so i finally had to cut him lose

Jason and I are still good friends ..he's finally worked thru most of personal problems and has been doing well for the last four-five years

..l.T.A.

Shit! I have the same exact story also. I swear! My favorite and best cleaner ever had all the same problems. It's really sad because he could be living really nice and we would have an excellent tech back. We are still friends to this day as well. I surf with hm every so often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom