Do you have your sales people on a truck before selling?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have my office person who wants to make more money and I have the lil honey who works hard. Do I have them on the truck to learn the product or just give the laser tape and pad and have them give estimates. I can sell because I know what we do.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would have them at least see a few jobs. Are they going to selling commercial?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes we had them at carpet jobs, fire & water jobs. Even cleaned their own home & explain step by step to them what & why we are doing what we were doing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is what I thought. I am not sure how to teach experience. I can walk in and explain exactly what they need but I am not sure a week or 2 on a truck can teach them what they need unless is just learning the process

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No I must not have explained well enough the did spend time at those jobsites but just for the visual of the services. Never more than 30-minutes, the rest of the training was inhouse.
We go back inhouse and explain our services enough that they can sell them. The don't need to be too technical just so they know what we offer and selling points.

Most of the trainng is defining who the targets are, what we want to sell to them, how we go about doing so. Training with cold calling scripts, phone scripts, what to say once you get an appointment.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
When I was with ABM all the new salesmen went out on the trucks to learn and to see what they were selling.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Let me ask this do any of you guys have woman on the trucks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not regularly no.

We've talked about training our fire contents cleaning supervisor how to use a Cimex and Orbot to keep her busy when we are slow on fire work but then we get busy so it goes to the back burner. She has cleaned a little in the past, just enough to say she wanted to be paid more if that's what she did all day.
; )

I've seen plenty of women cleaners most are younger or at least started their careers cleaning carpet, my girls is in her 30's and just saw it as too much work.

Back
Top Bottom