Do you offer a Warranty/Guarantee?

Name
I'm Rick James
I am pretty laid back when it comes to my business and don't sweat the small things. Ever since I started with a portable and my 89 T-Bird I have offered a 30 day warranty. Meaning any questions or concerns I always come back at NO CHARGE. For the last many months I have extended that warranty to new spills and I gotta tell you it is making the customers eyebrows raise in excitement. To date I have had zerO people take me up on it, even folks I thought might.

I think its the little things that make you stand out from the crowd and I gotta say I have made serious cheerleaders with the new addition to my warranty. Majority of the customers appear shocked that I offer such a lengthy warranty, because no one does it.

Its not for everyone, but if you wanna add a serious wow factor to your biz, you should give it a shot. I expect there will be a few over time that will game the warranty, but its not worth changing a valuable marketing tool for a few customers a year.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have a rock hard concrete warranty.

As soon as I hit the driveway their warranty is over.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Actually I have a one week guaranty.

But, I have honored it for several months after the cleaning.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
2 weeks, thats plenty of time for issues that I would consider my problem to surface. I have had only 1 person expect me to return after that, and she expects me to come back 2 or 3 months after her service to give her a free cleaning. I just blocked her calls permanently after this happened 4 years in a row.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
14 days... within 30 if they really mean it.

But I had that one dude threaten me after 3 months when I wouldn't go back. phuhsycho.

He said he would ruin me on the internet and all that. Nuthin yet.

Within reason, I will do things within reason....If it's reasonable.

Some people.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
30 days
i have a call back to do monday
it was a pig pen and i bet when i go back it will be a pig pen again lol
but thats what we do suck it up and go on
does not happen a lot though.
i guess it all depends on your clientele base.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I offer 14 days for anything. New spills included. Have only had 2 customers use it. And both tipped when I cam back and thought I should have charged them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
There's some cleaner that sends me his emailings to his customers. I can't remember his name but he has good emails and special pricing. Anyway, he has three packages and the top two come with a six month or one year guarantee. Judging from this dudes web-site and internet presence, it must be working for him because he seems to know what is up and what's not.

If I'm talking about YOU, send me a PM so I'll know whom it is that I admire.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I have had a 30 day warranty/guarantee for 7 years. All my customers know about it and love it. It gets used maybe 1 out of 50 customers and always results in more work while we are there. People love it when their dog craps and we come clean it and refuse money. It gives them so ethic. To talk about all day to their friends. Frankly I will more customers needed to use it..talk about free advertising and locking out your competition.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
davegill said:
I have had a 30 day warranty/guarantee for 7 years. All my customers know about it and love it. It gets used maybe 1 out of 50 customers and always results in more work while we are there. People love it when their dog craps and we come clean it and refuse money. It gives them so ethic. To talk about all day to their friends. Frankly I will more customers needed to use it..talk about free advertising and locking out your competition.

Dave, how do you get this across? By mouth,invoice, seperate form? Do you talk about in future emails, newsletters, or cards?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
It's on everything we have in print as well as told to every single customer when the book their job as well as the last thing we say to them on the way out..

Please don't forget about your warranty, we sand behind our work and have you covered for the next month

It is something we are very very well known for. It pisses Michel (my wife) because most of the other cleaners around us are boasting it now but not one will put it in writing. It is on our trucks invoice and doodle pads we leave behind with customers.

Also when someone is price shopping it usually seals the deal. Shell just asks them what's going to happen when someone spills a soda or glass of wine a month after their cleaning with another company. The money you saved is now gone plus some

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I am a 30 guarantee guy. And I talk it up a lot. My favorite line is begging the customer to call us if there is any problems or spots come back...."We will come back with a smile, and reclean that area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom