Do you ringleaders call each customer for a quality control check?

Mikey P

Administrator
the SFS packet I got in the mail yesterday has some really good scripts in it for doing so.

Aside from making sure they are happy with the job and making sure your chimp did not side job you, what are the goals of your calls?

anybody have a script they would like to share?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to call but it became so hard to reach people and those we reach it was if we were bothering them just for QC. The cards have done much better, self addressed and postage paid.

For comercial we still call but the are at work and usually easier to reach, the call doesn't seem as inconvenient to them and you can always leave a voice mail when needed.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
We used to call but it became so hard to reach people and those we reach it was if we were bothering them just for QC. The cards have done much better, self addressed and postage paid.

For comercial we still call but the are at work and usually easier to reach, the call doesn't seem as inconvenient to them and you can always leave a voice mail when needed.
Agreed. That is why we recommend...

a)getting permission during the booking process to call the customer on their cell phone at work (most are fine with this) and...

b) doing an Immediate Quality Check (IQC) call right after the tech leaves. If the customer is at home the IQC person (not the tech who did the job) can many times ferret out any problem BEFORE the wacko home owner can run and vent on Yelp, Google, etc. (On the other hand if the customer hasn't seen the job because they are at work the tech gives the office a heads up so they can pre-qualify the client on what to expect so they won't- you guessed it- go running to the keyboard in a snit and trash you on the Internet.) And yes...

c) we still recommend leaving stamped Comment Cards too for the customer who feels better writing things down.

You really need to come back to SFS, Richard, so you can stay up. We re-do the course every year. :)

Steve

PS Thanks, Mike, for actually reading (and maybe even implementing) the TIPS info. We work really hard on this stuff.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You really need to come back to SFS
link1.gif
, Richard, so you can stay up. We re-do the course every year. :)
ummmmm ouch! :redface:

I know I was hoping to make it this year but it's been nutz here. Have you guys come up with a class of 2-3 days for those that have already attended once or twices. Ya know us reeetards that can't grasp it all in 5-days.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy spending another 5-days with you and the crew but FIVE DAYS is a l o n g time for an old dude like myself. I have trouble concentrating that long. :winky:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Commercial email them the next morning, we don't have that many residential so i still call them myself the end of the day or early the next day. Still like to talk to people but will admit it is becoming harder and harder to reach anyone.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The tech lets them know they are more than welcome to call if there are any concerns they may have and we will take care of it with a smile on our face. After recieving Steves info we have moved up our call back time to 24 hours from 1 week. And we enclose a comment card in our thank you letter for those that wish to comment anonymously. FYI we have been sending a small flower arangement to our WDR jobs over 2K after the work is done. Our local grower/florist is reasonable and has a stack of 200 cards signed by all of us to send with the flowers. WOW WHAT A MOMENT OF TRUTH!!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nice idea!

We once did the old Drieaz idea with the vase and carnations. Bought the vases and flowers from the wholesaler and it was very reasonable, Dan's exwife thought she was a florist for a few days. :winky:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We call the next morning. If we can't get them live we leave a message.

We thank them for their business and ask they call if we can be of any further assistance. We never say " Did you have any problems".

Never open up for a negative response. Some people feel obligated to find something wrong if you phrase it wrong.

Lets start planning for a Mikey's Board SFS in Tampa in January of 2015.

Imagine of all of us in one room. Steve might retire after the week.

Reactions: tmdry and Rob Lyon

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
When we would do QC calls, we would say that we would like to review all the area's that were cleaned and then leave them with a "special" gift, usually a $10.00 coffee card for dd, the reason we wanted to review the area's were to make sure that there was never a ( side job) ie: Scotchgard going into( hip national bank) , we were able to weed out the tech's that were guilty of this pretty fast and also meet our as Steve calls it "Unspoken" negative moments of truth!!!

Abigail

Name
Stacy
OMGosh, this is great! I just watched MagicWand's DVD from Taf Baig, Reduce Cost Maximize Profit, and got some tips from him on getting and keeping clients (and referrals). Wow these ones are great too. I just wrote a bunch down.

Please everyone, keep your methods coming!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have always done that. In my town, we all know each other, so it gives me a perfect way to catch up on their family gossip, which gives me more to offer up on Sundays when we have our prayer list discussions in Sunday school.

Bless your heart ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom