Do you use a scent in your prespray and rinse?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Until lately, I have never paid much attention to how my prespray and rinse smell. In fact, I don't think I've ever used one that had enough of a fragrance to it for anybody to smell, except me while mixing it.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been using two products from a couple of our BB mfg.s that both contain a very high level of a pleasant scent. My customers have been remarking to me about how "clean everything smells." It stands to reason that women would appreciate a perfume in the cleaning agents, but it's just not something a pig farmer would ever think about, and apparently the suppliers don't either, from what I can tell.

Do many of you guys rely on products with strong perfumes in them? Do you think it affects the way your customers view your cleaning abilities?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I advertise fragrance free for my market and people love it. It depends on what market you are going for and where you live. Back when I was using Ultrapac (cough, cough) I had a old lady tell how good it smells! To each their own.

Name
Bruce
This week I had been adding some Judson DD-12 to my prespray, people were commenting on the nice smell. Will I add it all the time? no

G

I mist on some Fab Set with some Fresh n Clean.

But the best stuff I've ever used I got from Duane.

R

R W

Chemiesters "Proliminator Sunshine" in my pre-spray and a little in the rinse. Customers don't forget it, but I think I've become immune to the fragrance.

cleanex

Add two products together and now you have created a new product, hope you never need to produce a MSDS, because of what you have done, and no the two individual MSDS will not cover your new product.
If you don't care or never think you will need to produce a MSDS than carry on.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Using some d-Limonene in your prespray will make the home or business smell like you are really cleaning, plus will aid in removing greasy soils.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I use bane's "per-scent". I prefer the baby powder scent, not too strong and it hangs around for several days.

At 1 oz. per 100 gal. of water, you can't beat it.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
It makes sense to me to use a scent that aids cleaning... thus my recommendation for d-Limonene. If the bees attack, use some pine oil. Drops them dead.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hey Don:
I understand what you're saying; however, in case it helps any, O2 is a prespray and Ultra Rinse is an acid rinse. No mixing of the two.

G

I do use a little Citra Solve in my pre-spray if the carpet looks like it needs it. I use Bio Break for nylon resi's and Mrs. Piff says it smells divine.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
I add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to my colloidal organic cleaner, keep everything natural and healthy to breath, and everybody likes peppermint.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, my point with all this was to see if anybody else has noticed that "smell clean" is a sales benefit. I'd never really considered it before, and it may be that I just happened to run into that lunatic fringe who like it, but I wonder if I shouldn't have been using scented products all along?

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
I think a nice smell is a sales benefit, I've been using the peppermint for years, almost everybody comments on how nice the carpet smells.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hey, Jeff. Good hearing from you man. I remember you saying something about your peppermint fragrance from awhile back. Where do you purchase it?

I hope everything is going ok over there in border country. Did you get that boy of yours up to speed yet?

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Doing good over hear Marty, did you get your pad driver? You can get the peppermint at some health food stores, it's kind of pricey
but a little goes a long way. I think the last place I bought some was online from a company called saveonscents.com.

KBRENNY

I read in a marketing research study done a few years ago that scent is one of the senses most closely tied to memory.

If you leave the carpet smelling good instead of just neutral they will remember it and also notice it.

In another similar post someone on here kept saying that clean carpet should not stink. I do not think the idea of using a deodorizer is to cover up any bad odor but leave a fragrance that will impress the customer.

I don't use mine through the pre spray, I just lightly mist each room as I finish cleaning it. That way I am not sucking up any of it but leaving it all behind.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
do you use scent

Funny how it goes.

I get a lot of compliments about how our cleaning does not leave that "disgusting", lemon, apple cinnamon, you name, scent that other cleaners do.

I guess every market is different!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah it certainly IS funny how it goes!

My first job this morning hacked and coughed at the overbearing orange smell from my 5 oz's per gallon with 1 tblsp of booster mixture used on her carpets.

I told her, after the first room, that I'd be glad to switch to another cleaning agent that had no deodorant in it, but she said she liked the smell.

As she hacked her way back into the back part of the house.

As fast as she could go ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom