Do you use Square up ? Here is something I learned about accepting charge cards

Name
Fred H
I have a friend who is an account rep for a local card processor. He told me that when you use Square Up to process a card, the customers account info is not encrypted and protected from being intercepted by the cyber crooks. I understand that the merchant is responsible if the info is stolen. If you use Intuit Gopayment they do protect you by encrypting the info. I use Gopayment because my friends fees were way too much for me . Gopayment is free as long as I don't go over 1250 per week..

FredC

Village Idiot
I have a friend who is an account rep for a local card processor. He told me that when you use Square Up to process a card, the customers account info is not encrypted and protected from being intercepted by the cyber crooks. I understand that the merchant is responsible if the info is stolen. If you use Intuit Gopayment they do protect you by encrypting the info. I use Gopayment because my friends fees were way too much for me . Gopayment is free as long as I don't go over 1250 per week..

https://squareup.com/help/en-us/article/3797-secure-data-encryption

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Thanks Fred, he had me scarred. We've been with Square from there beginning and have ran hundreds of transactions.

Name
I'm Rick James
Square and Go Pay are free with a 2.75ish charge. I think Go Pay charges 25 cents per swipe. Go Pay does have a $12.95 option per month that brings the charges down to 1.7% per swipe and not swipe fee.

I have both..

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have them both on my phone. Sometime when I am at clients home one will not work in that area and the other one does.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
OK, I am throwing my encyclopedia away.
Who needs one when we've got Fred :icon_razz:.

Seriously though, Fred is awesome.
Thanks for the help Fred.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Intuit and there Go payment can shove it right up there ass... I was one of the very first to get on it and they screwed my account up and closed it from there error. They found the error and fixed it but now I am flagged as an abusive user in there system yet never charged a single card. On the brighter side of things I have never had a single issue with Square.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I was going to say that they do because I checked into it prior to going with their services. Somebody trying to sell other services?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have them both on my phone. Sometime when I am at clients home one will not work in that area and the other one does.

I don't see how changing the swiper would give you better service from your phone? Maybe the first time you swipe your in the house and then you go out to the van to change the swiper and swipe outside?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom