Does a part time sales rep really work?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Can he/she really give it a genuine shot at 1-2 days a week?

Is commission only too beggarly for a part timer?

I've had a past employee come back wanting work. He was a great lead tech for fire work. At the time, I couldn't guarantee full time work and he landed a FT job in a different industry.

That business has closed and he has got a job in tele sales part time and ringing around previous employers asking for more work. Initially I said no, because I was thinking technician, but when I asked him what he was currently doing, and he said tele sales, but he liked face to face sales better, I asked him to come in for a chat.

He would be mainly selling commercial accounts, but also doing the odd resi quote/client follow up etc.

We chatted, nothing implied or accepted, I'll wait to see his initial response. But I want to formulate some ideas of how before then.

Initially it'll be for a 3 month contract.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Contract? Is that for yours or his benefit?

Sales on commission can work...it's the only way it will work IMO.

But it CAN work against you as well.

He should know the high pressure sales are a No No....but if he doesn't make the sale...he may get discouraged.

You have to have 3 things

a sellable product

a customer

and personallity to bring them together.

If he has a good "smile" ...I say see what happens.

Good luck.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Brian R said:
Contract? Is that for yours or his benefit?
Legal requirement if he is an employee.

Suggest you build in a suitable restraint to the contract John ; otherwise he can go on and sell the same customers for someone else.

roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom