Does Galvy and PVC have a place on a high heat truckmount?

Bjorn

Re: Does Galvy and PVC have a place on a high heat truckmoun

what exactly makes it a pos

make a better one and bring it to market

Bob Foster

Plenty have and they do well. That shit should be exposed for what it is. JUNK.

Bjorn

just putting a t m f logo on it makes it junk?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I agree chemtex is junk. But amtex I thought was high quality

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Bob Foster

Galvanized parts don't belong on a TM no matter who really built it or who's name is on it.

Terje go fight your way through all the Canadian traffic to the golf course and take your frustration out on a bucket of balls.

Bjorn

make some thing better and go make some millions bob

funny a few of you guys had no problem buying some machine of over 50K with some of the same parts

P.s

here is something made from galvanised parts that can last over 50 60 years out in the elements and in tougher conditions than a truck mount

power_tower_1.jpg

Burtz

try around 400 dollars up grade

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Odin said:
make some thing better and go make some millions bob

funny a few of you guys had no problem buying some machine of over 50K with some of the same parts

P.s

here is something made from galvanised parts that can last over 50 60 years out in the elements and in tougher conditions than a truck mount

power_tower_1.jpg

good god T.....if anyone out there ....I figured you would know the differences in the effects of galvanized in a closed loop water system...galvanized that is buried under ground...and galvanized that is standing in the open like those towers....your not comparing apples to apples.....

Bjorn

I know

so whats the beef it would take years before any problems with those fittings and then if some one wanted to replace with stainless or gold or what ever

it should not be a big issue if one at all

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Does it come with a free disco ball for the truck and a few neon lights?

It will help them to overlook the rust and plastic and carry on the tradition of smoke and mirrors over there.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

in less then a year a galvanized pipe in a closed loop water system..( more so with heat ) will start to corrode and the metals will start going thru your entire system....

Chris A

Name
Chris

So the Vortex had galvanized fittings galore and it was touted as God's gift to carpet cleaners, but this is instantly a pos? C'mon Foster me thinks you may be a little biased...

Able 1

Name
Keith

Looks to me like they used hydraulic pressure hose... That should last a year.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Chris Adkins said:
So the Vortex had galvanized fittings galore and it was touted as God's gift to carpet cleaners, but this is instantly a pos? C'mon Foster me thinks you may be a little biased...

your half assed right.......some of the vortexes came off the line with the galvanized fittings.....it did not mean it was a bad machine...just someone did not know what the repercussions of cheap parts were going to do....

who knows..Robs machine may do just fine....but sooner or later the pipe are going to hurt it......

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Jim is right, just check your home water heater if it came with galvanized pipe. A year to a year and a half max till the leaking begins.

Terje, your point about some carpet cleaners being cheapskates and not wanting to pay is a valid one. And we all know that you get what pay for.

However, a machine sporting parts that are very likely to go bad and quickly, should come with a disclosure.
Once the disclosure is signed, everything and anything that may or will happen is..........
Hunky dori :p

Bob Foster

Chris Adkins said:

Admittedly Chris, I'm definitely biased and for reasons that have proven themselves out for over 30 years.

Some machines just suck and some suck and last. Most Vs have a significant level of electrolysis from construction techniques that did not adequately isolate dissimilar metals. And for an expensive high end unit that's flat out piss - poor design. They are great machines for high production work and as far as I know there is not a single TM machine on the market that will match their intended use.

As far as I know there isn't a carpet cleaning machine that exists that doesn't have problems. I guy doesn't have to be a builder or designer of TMS to figure this stuff out.

Some TMs just have more problems than others and there are many reasons, including market price positioning, that could account for this.

I understand that some people think glitter is more important than grunt and I'm happy for them.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Been said on *** that all parts are under full warranty even those parts

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Bob Foster

So how much warranty do they pay out for lost production time?

Bjorn

OK jury in back in this truck mount is now judged a total POS by the Mind trust of mickeys board

200px-Manneken_Pis_2009.jpg

keep in mind some of the jury has been in the carpet cleaning business for decades and still cant figure out dilution ratios

bagdad_bob_large.gif

xeatingreenie.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator

I get the feeling that Terje was second in line to produce the TME SE.

Don't worry T, if Ben lakes, Im sure you'll get a chance.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

I have some other concerns about these Amtex TM's.

First, was the practice of running ALL the recovery solution thru the blower on some portable TMs.

Second, was the loss of ~150 PSI thru the coiled HXs due to small diameter tubing.

Third, painted steel frames on the bottom will corrode quickly.

Larry

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Does Galvy and PVC have a place on a high heat truck

Odin said:
OK jury in back in this truck mount is now judged a total POS by the Mind trust of mickeys board

200px-Manneken_Pis_2009.jpg

keep in mind some of the jury has been in the carpet cleaning business for decades and still cant figure out dilution ratios

bagdad_bob_large.gif

xeatingreenie.jpg
Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

not to mention when those parts do start needing replacing, there looks like a lot of "flash" to disassemble before getting to the problem

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony

Jim Martin said:
longevity is more economical the cheap parts..........

EXACTLY

It's not an engineered machine - an engineered machine would have paid attention to the galvanic table just for starters - it's a mass produced garage build IMO - with nice distractions such as demon eyes, cool names, and shiny paint. Pretty sure that's how a lot of fishing lures come to be ~

Added to Jim's list is the soon to form and fly off corrosion flakes on the inside of the galvy pipes behind the WT filters that will be sucked into the blower. Typically, you don't want rusted metal flakes in the big gray thing that makes the air move.

These machines are all the rage on the "other" forum - I chimed in once as Jim did once when someone was calling anyone who spent 18k+ on a TM a moron, listed the shortcomings I saw, I posted almost the exact same list as Jim - and got a good reaming from the cult, the responses were - they do the same thing, and theirs was cheaper than mine. . . . . . tried to help the uninformed/inexperienced situation - but found I was dealing with the unfixable combination - stupid/stubborn, and shut my yap.

They'll find out in 1000, 1500, 2000 hrs, what the extra $ for a TM not built solely around price would have gotten them - or maybe not and think it's cheaper to spend 14k every 2-3 years than 25k every 10.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I'm waiting for a falling out between Ben, and Rob, it'll happen. Then we'll see how great of a machine he really thinks it is. When the falling out happens, he'll list all of the same problems mentioned here on his forum like he is some sort of expert on the matter, and bash the machine.

Mark my words!

Burtz

"EXACTLY

It's not an engineered machine - an engineered machine would have paid attention to the galvanic table just for starters - it's a mass produced garage build IMO - with nice distractions such as demon eyes, cool names, and shiny paint. Pretty sure that's how a lot of fishing lures come to be ~"

hummmmmm like prochem rotting frames and peeling paint

Mikey P

Administrator

Hoody is dead on.

No one stays connected to Rob for long.

Im willing to bet the Masterblend relationship is over as well

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Mikey P said:
Hoody is dead on.

No one stays connected to Rob for long.

Im willing to bet the Masterblend relationship is over as well

It'll be a white magic episode all over again.

I guess the big question someone should ask Rob is would he purchase(full retail) the machine, and use it in his trucks in his business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom