does this sound reasonable from this carpet supplier

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
short version

I have a broken piece of equipment. I ordered the 3 parts needed to fix it. I have had to fix this piece of equipment 3 times in the last couple of years, machine was new. I use the piece of equipment about 15 hours a year.

Opened the undamaged box, 2 of the parts are correct and the 3rd part is missing a piece. So I call the company and tell them the part isn't right. Company says that is impossible that the part came that way so they have me take a photo of it and e mail it to them.

I get a call today after they looked at the photos, they say that isn't possible that the part came like that. I'm told to mail the part back to them at my cost. I tell them I though they should mail me a new part with a prepaid return slip for the part that was wrong and I would ship it back.

have not heard back from them

what would your response have been/is that unreasonable

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You should ask to speak to someone with authority that is qualified to make decisions. The fellow you are dealing with is probably nothing more than a low level counter jockey.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
owner doesn't seem available and I left him a PM from this BB

dealing with family member who is busy doing payroll and taxes, she didn't call back, and the new employee who doesn't make mistakes cause she is the one who packed the box

I would need a few more specifics to offer an opinionmm

not looking to sling mud around

That many breakdowns in that short of time, I'd fix it and sell it. Buy another brand.
one of the replacement parts should cure the problems from what I'm told

shipping the part back first would be a min. 14 turn around till I get another part

I will just ship it back tomorrow and eat the cost I guess. Seems kind of a crappy way to treat a customer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Really cryptic sorry steve hard to make any sort of judgement but if I can help you fix whatever it is call me tomorrow and I'll see what I can do unless it is some random un comman machine then not sure if I can help but I'll try.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve frasier said:

hell, anyone that's been here more than a minute knows you're a "good egg" , Steve
you never starts trouble or trash talk

but we're all speculating now which outfit it is..... :lol:

.L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="steve frasier":2b55x24t]

hell, anyone that's been here more than a minute knows you're a "good egg" , Steve
you never starts trouble or trash talk

but we're all speculating now which outfit it is..... :lol:

.L.T.A.[/quote:2b55x24t]
x2

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I would say there isn't a hec of lot you can do except wait and get talking to someone in authority in that company to get your situation resolved. You can talk about it all day long on here, but in the end its going to come down to how you deal with that company and what they are willing to do for you.
Ultimately, you need to parts to fix the machine to get working. Do what you have to do.

C

cucu

sounds like i type of service i should get....but i never do
but i only buy from cms,judson,and some hillybilly called olson

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I spent $30 and sent the part back. Then called the store to let them know what I did and gave them the tracking #. The owner answered the phone. I know I didn't touch the part and they say it was not them either so it is blamed on UPS. Still not sure how UPS would take the center velcro plate out of a pad driver.

They had me file a damage claim and they will follow up on it. So I had to open a UPS account to file the claim, I think they should have filed the claim, I didn't argue about it, but the problem seems solved for now. Will take over 21 days to get the correct parts from start to finish. Takes 7 days for the parts to travel by UPS ground.

Thanks for the help/comments

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom