Does your garden hose ever come up short?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Last week I was doing a job and yet again my garden hose was short by 15 feet. After countless times of this I decided to do something about it. Since I carry 2 lengths of 50 foot solution hose in the truck that are extra I have decided to be able to utilize them for these circumstances. Here is a picture of what I made and I hope it helps somebody else out too.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Last week I was doing a job and yet again my garden hose was short by 15 feet. After countless times of this I decided to do something about it. Since I carry 2 lengths of 50 foot solution hose in the truck that are extra I have decided to be able to utilize them for these circumstances. Here is a picture of what I made and I hope it helps somebody else out too.

good idea, Dan

you know, those could also be used if pump/belt failure to finish a job by hooking direct from facet to wand .
with faucet adapter, you could also get some hot tap water to the wand

.L.T.A.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
good idea, Dan

you know, those could also be used if pump/belt failure to finish a job by hooking direct from facet to wand .

.L.T.A.

very true.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Sweet idea.
When I bought my truck lo, those many years ago I went to the hose place and had them hook up a hose to it and wind on hose until it was full. I havn't ran out since. I have no Idea how long it is.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Sweet idea.
When I bought my truck lo, those many years ago I went to the hose place and had them hook up a hose to it and wind on hose until it was full. I havn't ran out since. I have no Idea how long it is.

My box truck had a live water hose reel. My butler does not and I only carry a 50 foot hose. Now I will be able to reach 150 feet if needed.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Nice. Hell why even take a garden hose if you have that setup. How much r u selling them for?

Golden Boy

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
good idea, Dan

.L.T.A.

Heck, if you're blower/belt also failed you could go all the way with this and finish up fine:

beachandworkaugustandseptember095.jpg

I have a few of these adaptors, the 90 degree bend allows work with shallow sinks:
faucetadaptor007_zps0d01f257.jpg

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
My hose always comes up short, why else would I have bought a vortex?

All Panis jokes aside, this is a great idea and is going on all my trucks.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Nice. Hell why even take a garden hose if you have that setup. How much r u selling them for?

Golden Boy

im not selling them Waldo. I just shared what I did. I got all the cheap brass at Home Depot since I was there helping my mom out. Spent around 15.00 bucks on the brass and I already had the QD's at home. This will be slower filling but in a pinch its gonna work great.

C

Cleaning God

Did you test them yet Dan?
A bit concerned the restricted flow would take eons to fill a empty tank..

Great idea though

It you have a reliable float shut off valve. You can just turn it on at the job and forget it.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
3/8 or 1/2 inch airline on a truckmount small reel will hold 175-200 feet. Best 100 bucks I ever spent 6 years ago!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
It's still faster at lower flow than rolling every thing up and moving the truck hunting for a closer spigot.

exactly. It's not meant to be your fill the truck option. This is more restrictive but when in need it will supply more water in than being used at one time. Way faster than breaking down and having to move the truck.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
meat there isn't enough pressure to run a wand off a faucet and you better have some good easily cleaned filters if you ever could.

I ran out f water the other day so I took a 20 gallon barrel filled it and stuck my fresh water line in it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
meat there isn't enough pressure to run a wand off a faucet and you better have some good easily cleaned filters if you ever could.

I ran out f water the other day so I took a 20 gallon barrel filled it and stuck my fresh water line in it.
There absolutely IS enough pressure to run a wand from a faucet. Have done it many times.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There absolutely IS enough pressure to run a wand from a faucet. Have done it many times.

It depends on the wand also, (some TM wands wont work at under 200 psi) as well as the water pressure at the faucet. Different wands have very different flow rates and porty wands are best suited for such low pressure. The 360i works at any faucet pressure (well, just a few houses with under 60 psi it needed a boost from a flojet or I had to use the 220 psi Water Box) and the high pressure Hydroforce works well at many of the homes that are in the 90-110 psi. So yes, a faucet with it's hot water can be made to work well. I've done it many thousands of times over the years.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I tried and it didn't work. I built a similar device. I guess maybe a one jetter but none of the wands I use

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I tried and it didn't work. I built a similar device. I guess maybe a one jetter but none of the wands I use

throw an AW29 wand in the van, Greg...jet'd with a pair of 02 jets
It's actually a very good cleaning wand at lower PSI (300 and under)

light, nimble, doesn't need a glide....find a corner in the van for it.
best back up wand in the history of the world ...trust me

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
call me old fashion......but....why not just get a longer hose.....or throw a extra 25 foot one in the back of the van....

C

Cleaning God

call me old fashion......but....why not just get a longer hose.....or throw a extra 25 foot one in the back of the van....

DuH ? For the price of all that brass you could probably buy an other hose.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So correct me if I am wrong but is this thread really about how to handle a situation on not having enough garden hose on a truck and how to prevent this from being a ongoing problem ???

Reactions: Ken Snow
C

Cleaning God

So correct me if I am wrong but is this thread really about how to handle a situation on not having enough garden hose on a truck and how to prevent this from being a ongoing problem ???

Looks like in the original post. Dan says," I carry 2 lengths of 50 foot solution hose in the truck that are extra ." So he has 150 ft of hose and needed 165 ft of hose. He says that is a common problem for him. I've never needed that much hose. I could get water from a neighbor a couple of house down or across the street with that much hose

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We pretty much carry 200 ft of sol & vac and 75 of garden hose on board at anytime and since we have fresh water tanks can regulate when to get water.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

F

FB7777

Both Butlers have overhead 100' garden hose reels and an extra coiled garden hose hanging in the back of the truck . The coiled hose takes up minimal space and can stretch 50 additional feet for long water hookups

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Looks like in the original post. Dan says," I carry 2 lengths of 50 foot solution hose in the truck that are extra ." So he has 150 ft of hose and needed 165 ft of hose. He says that is a common problem for him. I've never needed that much hose. I could get water from a neighbor a couple of house down or across the street with that much hose

Not exactly. What I was saying is a carry a 50 footer garden hose and came up 15 foot short. Keep in mind my butler has a fresh water tank. Every now and then I lose track of the amount of water I have and when I'm cleaning realize I won't finish the job for whatever reason. So essentially this allows me to keep my 50 footer and be able to ad 100 foot of solution line to it if needed. The idea here is NOT to fill your tank but to prevent you from having to break down to get water. This would take forever to fill a tank. It keep you going in a job.

Now for those of you who say...."get a longer hose". I have 2 100 footers on reels but when I had a fresh water reel in my little old Butler in interfered with reeling in my vacuum hoses more than I wanted to deal with so I pulled it down.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dan I am not sure how many homes you go to or what your service area size is. What I normally do is around the second job or even the first depended on the size I run a slow hose to the fresh water tank or just fill quickly when I am done. Doesn't take that long. It keeps the chances of running out very low and it may be at a job with a shorter run to the hose or one that you have more time when finished.
I knew I had a real busy day friday and the first job was rooms and some furniture so half my supply was gone so I looked and there was a hose laying right near my truck so I stuvk in my tank turned it on and gave them the bill and when I got back I was full. Unlike last week where I had to fill a big barrel and run from that. Proactive aproach will save you

or the Xhose

[video=youtube;gKmwLQ6wenI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmwLQ6wenI[/video]

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Okay, so I used these today and worked awesome. Had vacuum and pressure lines all set up and ready to go. Pulled 50 foot solution line from back of truck and hooked up. I have a 110 gallon fresh water tank that was completely empty. Water now flowing and truck running I went to work. After about 45 minutes of cleaning I finished with no problems. Fresh tank was now 3/4 full and I only cranked the water on less than half way.

Several of you have posted on adding more garden hose and how to change my ways.... This entire post was about when your garden hose comes up short and you need a fast fix. Not only is this a great way to get more water hose length on the truck it more importantly utilizes supplies already on the truck. All I did was ad the connectors to make it work and the other thing is I also have more brass if needed because I could tear them apart if I needed the couplers.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
And several of us have posted that if you re-equip your truck, you won't ever come up short. I have a reel that would only fit maybe 75 ft garden hose and I converted it to a live reel with 3/8" rubber air hose with a garden hose end on it. It's 165ft, cost me about 100 bucks and I can run around a building for water if I have to and have NEVER come up short in 6+ years EVER.

Your idea is good for someone who thinks 50ft is enough which it never will be.

Reactions: XTREME1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom