Doing something extra...

Name
Jeff T
I do ALOT of work for a company. They’ve given me 14,000$ in business last month alone. The jobs I did last Friday and Saturday were jobs for them aswell (almost 30,000 sqft). They’ve asked me to come and quote another 23,000 sqft this coming weekend. With all this work, should I be doing something besides sending them 2 dozen Christmas cookies? Should I be sending them a restaurant gift card? A fruit basket? A bottle of wine or 2? I want to show them I appreciate their business.....
Jeff @ SCC

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Send the something really special with the clients logo engraved on it. People always give things with their companies logo on it. Imagine how much more appreciated it will be with the clients logo.

It's not as if they won't remember who gave it to them. In fact every time someone comments on the item they will remember you gave it to them.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
gift basket or nice bottle of booze..

when I managed large scale vineyards I'd get all sorts of random gifts from suppliers, coffee machines, golf clubs, restaurant vouchers, tickets to Bob Dylan.. the booze was always appreciated and the gift basket given to a girl or mum lol

Reactions: Mikey P

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
The best fresh cream donuts you can buy for everyone in their office has worked for me.

I do it every 3 months or so to good customers.

Name
Jeff T
Send them a free puppy. You really need to up your urine game.
Some companies have a pet mascot.... a cat, fish etc..... this guy is built like Zeus, and brings his bull mastiff to the office everyday. I am a dog guy myself, this is one of the only dogs I’m cautious around. I bet it weighs 150 lbs.....

Name
Jeff T
Geesh ain't clean carpets enough?

Bull mastiffs are just big babies.
Well Steve, last month the work he sent my way was 45% of my gross. I’ve already done 8k worth of work for him this month.... and it’s only the 10th. I’m going to have a look at 2 floors in a building for him tomorrow. So no, clean carpet isn’t enough..... when I got into this business, a guy whom I really respect, told me that this is a business about RELATIONSHIPS.... I’ve always followed that advice, and have found it has served me very well....

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Well Steve, last month the work he sent my way was 45% of my gross. I’ve already done 8k worth of work for him this month.... and it’s only the 10th. I’m going to have a look at 2 floors in a building for him tomorrow. So no, clean carpet isn’t enough..... when I got into this business, a guy whom I really respect, told me that this is a business about RELATIONSHIPS.... I’ve always followed that advice, and have found it has served me very well....

Spot on about relationships.

Get him something special and also have relationships with the whole office.

Get great donuts or great cheesecake and great coffee for them as well every quarter or so.

Name
Jeff T
Spot on about relationships.

Get him something special and also have relationships with the whole office.

Get great donuts or great cheesecake and great coffee for them as well every quarter or so.
I must be doing something right, as he’s got almost 180 employees, and I’m his go to for carpet.

Reactions: JohnHawkP
Name
Matt Ross
Apply the golden rule. Figure out something he likes. This doesn't apply to damon, because no one else would want wierd socks for a gift.
I bring donuts or food baskets in to a couple break rooms where we clean. If the employees of a small buisness like you the boss will usually like you.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
.You really wanna let him/her know how much you appreciate his business? Drop off a gift card with enough dough on it to buy the office lunch.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Jeff why not offer the guy a free cleaning of his house before the next holiday, or soiree, or anniversary?

I’ve did it once and he used the cleaning as a birthday present for his wife, HAHAHA! I had to wonder, but she was actually thrilled because her parents were coming and she’d wanted the place spiffed up.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
Jeff why not offer the guy a free cleaning of his house before the next holiday, or soiree, or anniversary?

I’ve did it once and he used the cleaning as a birthday present for his wife, HAHAHA! I had to wonder, but she was actually thrilled because her parents were coming and she’d wanted the place spiffed up.
That my friend, is how I’ve hooked up with more than one referral source. Real estate agents, owners of flooring stores etc. It’s worked very well for me. Give a little, to get a lot. Of course, there have been times where all I’ve done is free cleaning, but it has been only twice so far.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom