Done rinsing the rubber floor now I need to buff it off

Mikey P

Administrator
Much like a white Olefin, this fn rubber track is blotchy.
The closer it is to the parking lot the worse it is they re slurry the blacktop and it gets so much foot traffic it's unbelievable we got all the grease and grime off but the left behind blotchiness is driving my ADD nuts
I got to go back on Saturday and try and fade it in pad it out or do something... and I have limited supplies... looking for suggestions of something I can spray on and run a microfiber or cotton pad it leave behind and possibly have them run their Zamboni over to rinse out

How about an alcohol boosted neutral pH cleaner?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Much like a white Olefin, this fn rubber track is blotchy.
The closer it is to the parking lot the worse it is they re slurry the blacktop and it gets so much foot traffic it's unbelievable we got all the grease and grime off but the left behind blotchiness is driving my ADD nuts
I got to go back on Saturday and try and fade it in pad it out or do something... and I have limited supplies... looking for suggestions of something I can spray on and run a microfiber or cotton pad it leave behind and possibly have them run their Zamboni over to rinse out

How about an alcohol boosted neutral pH cleaner?
sometimes less is more..

hard to say without being there, but would water mopped on and redpadded over even it out?

Name
Jeff T
How long for repairs? Try the rad shop for a quick fix.
Got a set coming out from Calgary. It’s just one blown, but I’m changing out both.
I’ll hold onto the good used one.
They want 485$ per coil.
I’ve got 2 big days of VLM, and I’m getting it repaired Monday morning.
That’s not even the worst of it....
2 hrs prior, I blew a pump seal doing T&G today.
THANK GAWD I had the foresight to bring a shop vac, and my electric sprayer....
It blew just as I was about to extract about a 600 sqft section....
AND, the fookin dumbasses that were taking care of the building before, put concrete sealant on the T&G in one area, wax on another, and I’m pretty sure a mix of both on yet another.....
I just want today to end.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Got a set coming out from Calgary. It’s just one blown, but I’m changing out both.
I’ll hold onto the good used one.
They want 485$ per coil.
I’ve got 2 big days of VLM, and I’m getting it repaired Monday morning.
That’s not even the worst of it....
2 hrs prior, I blew a pump seal doing T&G today.
THANK GAWD I had the foresight to bring a shop vac, and my electric sprayer....
It blew just as I was about to extract about a 600 sqft section....
AND, the fookin dumbasses that were taking care of the building before, put concrete sealant on the T&G in one area, wax on another, and I’m pretty sure a mix of both on yet another.....
I just want today to end.....
Are your coils rated for high pressure? Some coolant exchangers aren't good past 600 psi.

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
The worse area, nearest the parking lot...

IMG_20200402_113011.jpg

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Could that be asphalt walk off. If it is, very hard to remove. Petroleum braking down and being tracked in. Maybe a citrus with a good rinse and speed dry.

Name
Jeff T
Are your coils rated for high pressure? Some coolant exchangers aren't good past 600 psi.
Interesting you say that. IDK what the coils are rated at, but the 5CP cat pump is factory regulated from 50 PSI, up to 1200....
I’ve got a police station to VLM today, then tomorrow I’ve got to finish city hall....
I’m going back to the job on Monday to put a shine back into some polished concrete...
In times like these, I’m so glad I’m not just a HWE cleaner....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That black top is being absorbed into the rubber compound.

I say it's permanent and if you keep going it will further damage the surface. They need sacrificial mats at the front of the building to slow it down. Try a small area with wd-40. You can buy that in gallons and possibly add it to your prespray. ARGOSHEEN for padding options

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
The asphalt residue could be a great motivator for the account to need quarterly cleanings, at least at the building entryway.

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I told you what to do. And you do know that they get wear patterns like carpet.The top layer gets sheared off and causes distortion. You can work yourself into a frenzy trying to fix unfixable.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
@Mikey P Did you try UPE? Seems like the the perfect time for "it's cleaning power adapts to the soiling at hand" claim to shine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom