Don't Hold My Hose......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I cleaned a 4-plex today, the owners apt, and the 3 tenents. The first tenent I did picked up the hose about 10 foot from me and held it the whole time I cleaned. Now you know how agrivating that can be, adding extra weight to the wand cause the hose is off the ground.

I didn't have the heart to ask him not to help. Oh...he did mention about how "hot" the little hose was.

Name
Nate W.
shiteatinggrin Gotta love it... next time just tell him to move back 15ft... Use them to your benefit... If they want to help, let them... !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nate The Great said:
shiteatinggrin Gotta love it... next time just tell him to move back 15ft... Use them to your benefit... If they want to help, let them... !gotcha!

Or give him some door hangers.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if they are insistent on helping I just treat them like a helper and show them how they can help rather than impede
Nice thing about having them behind you and close is that they can "see" what you're doing. Make a good cheerleader.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I hate that too, but I am sitting here trying to figure out how Brian can have a problem with his hose being handled when he runs a pad machine?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marty said:
I hate that too, but I am sitting here trying to figure out how Brian can have a problem with his hose being handled when he runs a pad machine?

Cords.... Hellure?

dgargan

years ago I used to clean a chinese restaurant. Anytime I set the wand down to do something one of the employees there would pick up the wand and start cleaning. Drove me nuts

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Anytime I set the wand down to do something one of the employees there would pick up the wand and start cleaning

I'd let him have at it while I go get some coconut shrimp .... :lol:

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Whenever my assistants would do that, I'd grab the prochem quad jet without a glide. And I'd hold the hose way in the air and not move at all, and watch them struggle after 3-4 passes. I said hows your shoulder feel, "Hurts like hell".... GOOD. I'd move back 10-12 feet, and have them do another pass or two, and hold it right. They'd noticed the difference, and some were even smart enough to say "Okay okay I get it".

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Brian R said:
[quote="Nate The Great":1h8nawyi]shiteatinggrin Gotta love it... next time just tell him to move back 15ft... Use them to your benefit... If they want to help, let them... !gotcha!

Or give him some door hangers.[/quote:1h8nawyi]

Door hangers would have kept him busy.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nate The Great said:

Now I remember holding hoses when I first started out, running that Steamway 400 porty. It had a 50 lb drag wand, and someone to pull and move the hoses helped.

....and fill the 5 gallon buckets in the bathtub and keep machine filled....

....and dump the porty out every 10-15 minutes by dumping into 5 gall buckets, and dumping into the comode.

XCC

My all time favorite way to get rid of a pesky custy is to tab a table leg and stick the wand slot against it. Then go out to the truck for a drink and a wipe. The nerve shattering shriek of the tab under full Roots 45 will have them scattering for the lanai!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pulling hoses is an art form. Generally I tell them to pull from the furthest point before a turn.

If you're too close to the wand, you have to pull 3 times as much.

Plus, you really need to lay the hoses so that the next pull is pulling from the top, not the bottom.

Some guys get it, some don't.

Oh yeah, I don't care anymore. Ivebeensold !gotcha!

Name
Nate W.
Charlie Waite said:
Ummm I never complain when someone wants to hold my hose.

Nate the Great on Richard's PC

:mrgreen:

:lol: You taught me well Uncle Chavez.... I remember you telling me "when you close your eyes, it's all the same!" Ivebeensold

!gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom