Door's open, go ahead and clean...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yep- dozens of times a day- or "check is on the counter, have thebguys fill out the amount and leave a reciept"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I am amazed how many times that happens. but with people that I haven't ever met. Here is the garage code, blank check on the counter.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I fill out the check on top of the 2 part invoice to make a record of it for the client.

Usually I call the client before cleaning to verify the amount. Just makes it easier for the client.

Usually they are at work or living in an other state.

Like most, I get several of these a week.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ya gotta be careful on the "not at home- door will be open" customers. One time we went and cleaned 3178 West 3rd Avenue. Door unlocked and the carpets cleaned up beautifully. That night the client called and asked, "Why didn't you guys show up today?"

Come to find out the correct address was 3178 East 3rd Avenue!

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS The rest of the story? The place we cleaned by accident was already a client and thought the whole thing was funny!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Too funny Steve- 1 time back in early 80's I was given Monday's route instead of Saturday's (we prepare both on Friday and it wasn't till the 2nd job that the customer said yur 2 days early. By aboutbthat time the office was trying to get a hold of us saying our correct first stop for Saturday wondered why we were late.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I did the windows on a house on 3175 Westwood exactly one block from 3175 Eastwood. We were over half done when the lady came out and asked up what we were doing. Right away I knew we were at the wrong house. I asked her if she wanted to pay us and we'd finish. She said "no." Too bad for her she didn't come out just 25 minutes later.

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave Yoakum said:
I fill out the check on top of the 2 part invoice to make a record of it for the client.

Usually I call the client before cleaning to verify the amount. Just makes it easier for the client.

Usually they are at work or living in an other state.

Like most, I get several of these a week.

Several a week huh.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
and I thought i was the only one. Had a guy once who found me on the internet and mailed me a check for house he had bought before the work had even been done. Turned out he was a clergyman. Turned into a great customer until he moved.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom