Dri Eaz Studebaker Airpath

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the thing sounds like a jet airplane coming threw the roof of the house........will blow pictures off the walls....your not on the east coast anymore.......next week out hot DRY weather will be back and the last thing you will need is a airpath.......I got one sitting in the shed somewhere that I don't use...you can test it out when you come down on Thursday if you want..just let me know..............

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We use them if I feel I need them dryer than I leave, or if I have a helper. If they have no air conditioning on, we use them. except rentals. even with out them things are dry in 2 hours max most of the time.

Alexarz

To realistically dry all the rooms out as you go, you need at least 5 per van. Do you feel like lugging 5 of those things into each house? You also have to move them around in the rooms and can't just drop them in a stationary position or some of the room will be dry and some will not be. If you have one or two helpers per van, they can add a nice touch of quality to your work but keep in mind, they are a lot more work and take up a lot of space in your van.

Fred Homan

I have had the newer roto molded one for about a year and a half. Do not always use it. This last Saturday I was using it...Was running about 15 minutes....While running I lifted up on the handle and moved it about 8 ft, as I was setting it down it made a noise. I quickly shut it off. All the blades snapped off....Had to order another blade assembly with housing. About $60.00 from a local Interlink dealer....A freak deal..... :shock: I should get it at no cost. Never abused!

Ryan

What about the Mytee tradewind fans they look lighter. Anybody use them?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ryan said:
What about the Mytee tradewind fans they look lighter. Anybody use them?

they work just as good as the airpath.the stack up and take 90% less room.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yea a little bit but not by much.......I mainly use them for tile and grout and you get a echo off the tile either way....I used the airpath and mytees in my kids school....set them all up in different rooms and mytees dried the room just as good as the airpath.......smaller package......stack-able and takes up lees room and works just as good...........cheaper price also.......

tim

I carry 3 on the truck but usually only need 2. We clean a room then drop a fan. We keep thm moving as we clean and leave carpet dry to the touch when we leave. Our customers love them and it's a huge selling point

rjs

Used one today on a small job and it worked well. Carpet was close to dry when we left.

Rich

Alexarz

Jim, are you sure it is the Tradewind model that you are talking about. That one only has 1/4 HP motor while the Airpath has a 1 HP motor. Even though the Tradewind only has a 1/4 HP motor it puts out 3000 cfm's but weighs a whopping 34 pounds.

They have a "4700 Quickdry" that has a 1 HP motor. Here is the link. Is this the one you have? http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=4700. This one measures 14"X21"X23". It weighs 35 pounds and has 4700 cfm's, much stronger than the Tradewind at about the same weight and dimensions.

The lower model is 1/2 HP and measures 10" X14" X16". Here is the link http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=2700. It weighs ten pounds lighter than the other two at 25 pounds and puts out 2700 cfm's.

I like the 90% less room part. The Airpaths sure take up lots of room in the vans.

Jim, which is the one you have that equals the Airpath in performance and why does it take up less space?

By comparison, the Studebaker Airpath weighs 38 pounds and the measurements are 14"X25"X26".The Studebaker draws fewer than 8 amps while the 4700 Mytee draws 12, although they have the same 1 HP power rating.

Alexarz

Here is a list to simplify the statistics.

Airpath 14"X25"X26" 38 lbs 1 HP (no cfm rating) 7.5 amps

Tradewind 3000 14"X21"X23" 34 lbs 1/4 HP 3000 cfm 2 amps

2700 QwikDry 10"X14"X16" 25 lbs 1/2 HP 2700 cfm 8 amps

4700 QwikDry 14"X21"X23" 35 lbs 1 HP 4700 cfm 12 amps

T

The Magician

Too loud. You almost need earplugs when they run. Also heavy but nothing beats the drying time. Customer isglad when its shut off but impressed with the air flow it puts out.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I carry 3 of them. They can take a poster off the wall when running on high. Will pull out the dust bunnies if you don't vacuum under the bed. They do make some noise.

Kind of spendy but can't beat them for bigger areas, don't like them in a longer hallway.

Joe Bristor

Love the newest design of the Airpath.
Looks like a UFO.
Fred, just remember to put down the landing gear as it sets down.

Wonder if Airpath was designed by the same person who did the Santana - that little airmover from the 80s?
The Santana, still the coolest little squirrel cage ever. Some are still in use.
Not so sure about the Airpath.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
They work great and you only need one if you aren't promising to leave with the carpet completely dry. Clean a room, turn on the AirPath in that room. As you leave a clean room roll the AirPath in. You'll move enough water to change a four hour dry time to 15 or 20 minutes even if the AirPath is left for only five minutes in each room.

Really can't beat them for cleaning a restaurant in the morning when it has to be open for lunch.

TimP

They are pretty loud. I think they produce something like a 40mph wind. They aren't using all of the power of the motor. I think they do that so the motor lasts a long time. Anyway here in florida it takes about 30 minutes to dry a 12x12 room on regular residential. I can see only 15 minutes on cgd carpets. That's what they advertise is 15 minutes.

I have 2 and haven't used them much lately for regular customers. Every now and then I'll get a customer with a small amount of wet carpet that I'll claw and leave an airpath to dry. Other than that I probably shouldn't have bought them cause it don't seem like people appreciate them or really care. And I haven't gotten a customer in a while that was worried about dry times. Maybe I'll start getting them again during the holidays. It is nice for those customers that call and you tell them you have some fans that really help dry the carpet fast. Like I said I haven't had any call lately with this concern....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If anyone is looking to get rid of their blue airparth's, pm me.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
tmdry said:
If anyone is looking to get rid of their blue airparth's, pm me.

sounds like Marc may be looking for one...I am seeing him tomorrow .......... if he does not want mine I will let you know.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom