Dri Pod daisy chain fix

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
fan.jpg

The power cords are too short and I would like to be able to daisy chain them together. So I added a plug in line. Works great! Cheap 5 dollar fix. The plug fits snug on the inside where you roll up the cord and you still can roll the cord just fine. It also stacks as normal.

Name
Nate W.
AdamHale said:
fan.jpg

The power cords are too short and I would like to be able to daisy chain them together. So I added a plug in line. Works great! Cheap 5 dollar fix.

Nice one!!! Cheap fix...

Name
I'm Rick James
Can't remember a product getting this much love from our industry. I would say the Dri Pods are 2012 biggest demand item.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You didn't. But do it anyway.

I doubt it would cost a buck extra in quantity. Doesn't need a $5 version for low amp draw.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good option Easy production fix. Hurry up with the change please. We love ours too!

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Nay on the daisy chain Jim. That needs to be checked out. I would not make that change as an end user until the manufacturer says it's ok.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Studebaker said:
Nay on the daisy chain Jim. That needs to be checked out. I would not make that change as an end user until the manufacturer says it's ok.

agree.......that why I put one of theses on the truck....the first pod is not limited to where it has to set due to where an outlet is and then you can branch 3 from there.....even though the pods have low amps....the third one will still work harder by plugging them into each other due to the type of cord....with this....it will carry the amperage evenly........

D14612050big.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Charlie Lyman said:
[quote="D Rice":18hn8n6g]Good Bye Warranty

Seriously? The thing is only $150. It's not like a new car that you voided the warranty on.[/quote:18hn8n6g]

My thoughts.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Electrically there should be NO issue with a tap before the switch unless the power cord is much smaller gauge than it looks.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Because this product is engineered and classified for use in a wet environment having a service outlet on the unit or in line on the power cord requires both a circuit breaker and a ground fault interrupter. I'd suggest Jim Martins solution it's practical and safe. Regarding warranty and product liability altering any product definitely shifts responsibility to the altering company or individual.

S

sam miller

If Your lugging 4 around 2 will set close enough to most outlets get 2 extension cords for the others and walla your set. !dork!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Bill Bruders said:
Because this product is engineered and classified for use in a wet environment having a service outlet on the unit or in line on the power cord requires both a circuit breaker and a ground fault interrupter. I'd suggest Jim Martins solution it's practical and safe. Regarding warranty and product liability altering any product definitely shifts responsibility to the altering company or individual.

Well I am going to stay up all night worrying about the complete and utter destruction of my warranty..........

Being able to daisy chain two of these things together are great, since you guys wanted to save 2 dollars and one less Chinese kid being able to eat because you put such a short power cord on these things.

mcatt

Name
Mike
AdamHale said:
Bill Bruders said:

Well I am going to stay up all night worrying about the complete and utter destruction of my warranty..........

Being able to daisy chain two of these things together are great, since you guys wanted to save 2 dollars and one less Chinese kid being able to eat because you put such a short power cord on these things.

Classic! I like the improvement and would be happy to have em.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
looks like a great idea and simple enough. The only problem is that if anything goes wronng with the unit even if it's the manufactures fault you will get the blame. your insurance carrier will probably not pay any claims because you altered the device. its sucks that that is the reality but you can never be too careful.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Bought three at Jon Don in Atlanta yesterday. They sure are smaller than I had imagined. I know the tech's at home will like how lightweight they are.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dealtimeman said:
Jimmy L said:
http://xaact.com

Relabeled?

Thanks for posting that link.

User dealtimeman found jimmy l post useful!

unless I just totally missed it somewhere.....I have yet to read that Legends...designed... shipped the drawings to china..... and mass produced this fan.....the only thing I have seen is that it is being offered by them........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom